- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Series: Pocket Guide
"Jason Boyett's Pocket Guides are smart and hilarious. Andthey're sneaky too: You don't realize how much you're learningbecause you're having so much fun." AJ Jacobs, author, TheYear of Living Biblically
Americans consistently identify the Bible as the mostinfluential book in history, but seriously: are you really readingit? Probably not. If all you know about the Bible are a few Psalmsand the Christmas story, then you're missing out on a book that'swilder, weirder, and more entertaining than you ever imagined.
With a stealthy combo of entertainment and insight, JasonBoyett's Pocket Guide to the Bible fills the gaps in your religiouseducation. It introduces you to the characters you must know,reveals the thrilling development of the biblical canon, anddetails the less-churchy parts of Scripture (hello, sex andviolence!). Don't miss out on discovering
- How God employs talking donkeys, mentally unstable prophets,and helpful prostitutes in his master plan
Which moral failures may result in an old-fashioned smiting
Why Catholic Bibles include books some Protestants refuse torecognize
Whether your New International Version of the Bible may in factbe demonic
With Pocket Guide to the Bible, you'll finally realize what's sogood about the Good Book.
Jason Boyett is not a professional theologian or historian butthat hasn't stopped him from writing this book. His work hasappeared in a variety of publications as well as on his blog(www.jasonboyett.com). He lives in Texas with his wife andchildren.
The Pocket Guide Series explains complex religious subjects witha lethal dose of educational hilarity, guided by the author'sinsatiable curiosity, humor, and gentle irreverence. The PocketGuide series includes Pocket Guide to Sainthood, Pocket Guide tothe Afterlife, and this book. Discover more atwww.pocketguidesite.com.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference