Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Well-Planned Lessons make planning your academic schedule simple!
Cultures & Ideas, Grade 10 features easy-to-use lesson plans that cover a 36-week, 180-day period. Tailored to your students' learning level, lesson plans from 9th through 12th Grade show the interconnected nature of world events and promote deeper reasoning skills.
The "Cultures & Ideas" series is the second part of a four-year history cycle that helps ensure students master the foundational lessons of history at age-appropriate levels. Aligned lessons within the series also mean that it's easy to teach multiple grades simultaneously! Lesson plans feature a year's worth of instruction across Bible, history, science, math, language arts, and art & music. Three levels of instruction are provided for each week---Essentials, Enriched, and Comprehensive---which gives teachers the flexibility to choose how much time they'd like to spend on each subject.
The Culture & Ideas cycle looks at world history from an ideological perspective, incorporating world and church history together while also exploring the cultural impact of Renaissance artists and musicians. In this cycle, you and your students will cover historical events stretching from the end of the Roman Empire through the 17th century (69 AD-1715 AD). Read living books that bring medieval daily existence to life, while also exploring the lives of famous men and women from the Middle Ages, Reformation, and Renaissance!
Note that this is a lesson plan only. It presents page numbers and chapters that need to be completed each day in order to finish the book list in a year. It does not include any instructions on presenting the material, and all books / curricula must be purchased separately. Lesson plans are presented on a grid with Monday-Friday at the top of the page; the column down the side of the page contains the subjects. Daily subject blocks feature the name of the book in bold with page numbers and basic instructions (e.g. "discuss and complete tasks on page 54" or "read page 36"). Each assignment is color-coded to the Essentials, Enriched, or Comprehensive track.
This guide also includes a blank hour-by-hour student schedule to customize, semester progress reports, and semester attendance reports.
It's recommended that parents purchase a large three-ring binder and one divider for each subject in order to store worksheets, drawings, copywork, and other written work as a record of learning.
90 pages, softcover. Grade 10 / Tenth Grade.
The following is a list of select concepts covered in the Well-Planned 10th Grade Cultures & Ideas Lessons:
- Bible: study church history and the lives of Christian heroes
- Math: progress to more advanced algebra and explore geometry
- History: cover world history from the time of the apostles to the 21st century
- Science: explore classification of matter, atomic structure, spectroscopy, chemical bonding, molecular geometry, physical change, chemical change, stoichiometry, solutions, ideal gases, acid/base chemistry, reduction/oxidation reactions, thermochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, and chemical equilibrium
- Language Arts: learn parts of speech, sentence analysis, phrases, clauses, sentence types, agreement, punctuation, capitalization, spelling, the writing process, writing strategies, and research skills as well as an appreciation for English literature
- Music: discover music's connection to history, cultures, economics, religion, and the arts
- Art: explore fine art and learn to create art with pencils, paints, and markers
Number of Pages: 90
Vendor: Home Educating Family Publishing
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 11 X 8.5 X .25 (inches)|
Saxon Algebra 2 Homeschool Kit with Solutions Manual, 3rd EditionSaxon Publishing / Other$101.66 Retail:3 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$141.20Save 28% ($39.54)
BJU Writer's Toolbox: A Writing & Grammar Handbook for Christian Schools, Second Edition--Grades 9 to 11Grace Collins HargisBJU Press / Other$37.505 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.