Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Make sure that you cover grade-appropriate information and easily identify any learning gaps with the Well-Planned Start! Each book contains two tests: a parent assessment and a student placement test.
The parent assessment is designed to help you become familiar with what your student knows. Tests for Bible, History, Science, Math, & Language Arts are provided with questions on various topics within those subjects, such as: "Can your child use an atlas?" or "Does your child know about the Maya, Inca, and Aztec civilizations?" There are detailed instructions on how to use the assessment, as well as worksheets to journal your findings; score all of the subjects in order to assess whether your student scores below, at, or above grade-level. Tips for teachers and explanatory notes of some of the concepts are also integrated throughout.
The student placement test features guidelines and instructions to evaluate student proficiency in Bible, History, Science, Math, & Language Arts while assessing the exact point of a student's understanding of specific processes, procedures, and information. The results give the parent a starting point for choosing curriculum or establishing a plan for strengthening weak areas.
After administering assessments, a section with Parent Teaching Tips features information on what makes each grade and age-level distinct, as well as practical teaching tips and bullet-point activity suggestions for concepts covered in the placement.
A checklist of milestones features a list of physical, emotional, and academic skills you can expect children to develop by the end of that grade with skills split between what most children should be comfortable doing, what your child may be able to do, and what some (usually gifted) children attempt.
Guidelines on when to use this book:
- If your student has finished the 7th grade and you want to make sure they are ready to proceed, this is the book to start with.
- If your student is going into the 7th grade, you should assess using the 6th grade book; however, you could purchase the 7th grade as a guide for what to cover or expect in the coming year. If your student is going into the 8th grade, you should assess using this 7th grade book.
- If your student struggled in 7th grade, start out by giving the 5th grade placement to ascertain any educational gaps. If your student scores well enough to proceed, try the 6th grade test next.
- If your child completed the 7th grade and neither struggled nor excelled, consider beginning with the 6th grade placement to ascertain any educational gaps. If your student tests well enough to proceed, give the 7th grade placement next.
If your child excelled in the 7th grade, start with this book and proceed according to the assessment score.
Grade 7. 68 perforated pages, softcover. 7.5" x 9.25". Consumable and non-reproducible. Scripture from KJV.
Vendor: Home Educating Family Publishing
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Well Planned Start
Assessment Prep for Common Core Mathematics, Grade 7Mark Twain Media / 2015 / Trade Paperback$5.49 Retail:
$9.99Save 45% ($4.50)
Targeting Texas Assessment Grade 7Harcourt Achieve / Trade Paperback$4.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 75% ($15.00)
Math in Focus Course 2 (Grade 7) AssessmentsSaxon Publishing / Other$51.15
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.