- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Author Lisa T. Bergren helps busy moms prioritize their relationships with others and offers practical ideas to enhance their six key relationships: with self, spouse, friends, family of origin, community, and God. With in-depth research, heartfelt personal experience, and expert advice, Bergren shows women that keeping their six key relationships vital may take work--but it's well worth the effort. Whether she has just brought a new baby home or is still trying to find her footing raising young children, every mom can benefit from the wisdom found in this book.
--Carolyn Castleberry, cohost of CBN's Living the Life on ABC Family Channel and author of It's About Time!
"Lisa Bergren put to words what I'd always felt as a mom but was not always able to verbalize. This book makes me feel as if I belong to a special club. It also makes me understand why relationships are so needed in day-to-day life on this planet. Good stuff!"
--Tricia Goyer, author of Blue Like Play Dough and Generation NeXt Parenting
Lady DiFLAge: 55-65Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Very easy to read.June 7, 2012Lady DiFLAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3I could actually see myself in certain parts, as well as my kids.
IreneUnited States4 Stars Out Of 5March 2, 2011IreneUnited StatesQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4Every woman has relationships with others that are changed when they become a mom. That is the theme behind this interesting book that every new mom should read. You may not totally understand what is happening when you start to feel isolated from your family or friends but reading this book will explain everything.
Your relationship with your husband changes because you see yourself different now. You are not just a wife but a caretaker of your child. You have to make sure you don't become the caretaker of your husband as well. The book offers some great suggestions on how to work on your relationship with your husband without having to give up taking care of your children.
Relationships with your friends will change the most dramatically. You will not have the free time you had before to talk on the phone, email or even hang out together. There are ways presented in the book to help you maintain these friendships without sacrificing your family time.
This book shows you how to priorities your time as a Mom so that all your relationships stay healthy.
I was given this book by christianreviewofbooks.com to review
patricia delgado5 Stars Out Of 5December 28, 2009patricia delgadoEssential! A must read for every new mom. Lisa writes everything I have been feeling but didn't know how to express and things I did not understand but it was happening to me. There is power in knowing you are not alone and that what you go through as a new mom is normal! This book is unique in that it covers areas that no doctor can help with.this is my new momma gift from now on!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Balanced Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships >> Friendship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues