A Plain Account of Christian Perfection - eBook
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Whitaker House
Publication Date: 2015
John Wesley (1703-1791) is known for two things: cofounding Methodism and his tremendous work ethic. In the 1700s, when land travel was by walking, horseback, or carriage, Wesley logged more than four thousand miles a year. During his lifetime he preached about forty thousand sermons. In 1729, he became a tutor at Oxford University. While there, he founded a religious club that was nicknamed "the Methodists." In 1738, Wesley's life was changed when he was attending a religious meeting in London. He later said that while listening to somebody read Martin Luther's Preface to Romans, "I felt my heart strangely warmed." Afterward, he became a great preacher, traveling throughout the British Isles. Although he never intended to form a new church separate from the Church of England, his followers soon began to form their own organization. The Methodists placed great emphasis on living a holy life, and they had many traveling preachers. Wesley preached his last sermon on February 23, 1791, and died a week later, on March 2, at the age of eighty-seven.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
suzy635 Stars Out Of 5Five StarOctober 26, 2015suzy63Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5As a Methodist, i love our founding father John Wesley for the Plain Account of Christian perfection.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction