Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Distilling the most vital elements of Horton's philosophical, theological, and exegetical work Pilgrim Theology is designed specifically for students in a classroom setting or in small groups who are at the beginning of their study of theology. Horton leads readers in a preliminary exploration of theology in a distinctively "Reformed key" by reviewing the biblical passages that give rise to particular core doctrines and reviews how those doctrines have been articulated historically.
To aid the learner further, Horton also includes:
- informative sidebars showing key theological distinctions
- key terms listed in bold for emphasis
- study questions
- review of all key elements at the end of each chapter
- website for a fully downloadable discussion and study guide
Number of Pages: 480
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 1.10 X 6.10 X 11.10 (inches)|
The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the WayMichael HortonZondervan / 2010 / Hardcover$32.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$54.99Save 41% ($22.50)
The Gospel Commission: Recovering God's Strategy for Making DisciplesMichael HortonBaker Books / 2012 / Trade Paperback$14.49 Retail:
$17.00Save 15% ($2.51)
A Place for Weakness: Preparing Yourself for SufferingMichael HortonZondervan / 2010 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)
The 2011 award-winning publication The Christian Faith garnered wide praise as a thorough, well-informed treatment of the philosophical foundations of Christian theology, the classical elements of systematic theology, and exegesis of relevant biblical texts. Pilgrim Theology distills the distinctive benefits of this approach into a more accessible introduction designed for classroom and group study.
In this book, Michael Horton guides readers through a preliminary exploration of Christian theology in a Reformed key. Horton reviews the biblical passages that give rise to a particular doctrine in addition to surveying past and present interpretations. Also included are sidebars showing the key distinctions readers need to grasp on a particular subject, helpful charts and tables illuminating exegetical and historical topics, and questions at the end of each chapter for individual, classroom, and small group reflection.
Pilgrim Theology will help undergraduate students of theology and educated laypersons gain an understanding of the Christian traditions biblical and historical foundations.
Michael Horton (PhD, DD) is Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary California. Author of many books, including The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way, he also hosts the White Horse Inn radio program. He lives with his wife, Lisa, and four children in Escondido, California.
-Kelly M. Kapic
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Introduction to Christianity
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology