- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2008
Series: Preaching the Word
David R. Helm (MDiv, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) serves as lead pastor of the Hyde Park congregation of Holy Trinity Church in Chicago. He also serves as Chairman of The Charles Simeon Trust, an organization which promotes practical instruction in preaching. He is the co-author of The Genesis Factor (with Jon Dennis), a contributor to Preach the Word: Essays on Expository Preaching, and the author of The Big Picture Story Bible and 1 and 2 Peter and Jude in the Preaching the Word commentary series.
R. Kent Hughes (DMin, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is senior pastor emeritus of College Church in Wheaton, Illinois, and professor of practical theology at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Hughes is also a founder of the Charles Simeon Trust, which conducts expository preaching conferences throughout North America and worldwide. He serves as the series editor for the Preaching the Word commentary series and is the author or coauthor of many books. He and his wife, Barbara, live in Wyncote, Pennsylvania, and have four children and an ever-increasing number of grandchildren.
David Helm has an engaging style, all his own. Best of all, he engages with the text of Scripture, with life as it really is, and with the hearts and minds of the lively congregations who first heard and benefited from much of this material. Dick Lucas, Trustee, The Proclamation Trust
David Helm exercises a vibrant preaching ministry in the city of Chicago. This book of Bible expositions displays his strengths as a preacher and serves as a model for other Bible teachers. It is vigorous in its defense of spiritual truth, clear in its explanation of biblical words and their contextual meaning, vivid in its use of language and illustrations, well-structured in its exposition of particular Bible passages, and fresh in its practical application of biblical truth to daily Christian life. It is the kind of commentary, in other words, on which preachers quickly learn to rely. Philip Graham Ryken, Senior Minister, Tenth Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia
With the truths of 1-2 Peter and Jude echoing across the ages, commentator David Helm beckons us to listen in his stirring exposition. Yet it is not enough to listen, he says. Peters and Judes words must compel us to do just what the early Christians did: hold fast to their identity in Christ, ground themselves in the truth, live lives worthy of their calling, and vigorously contend for the faith.
As Helm explores these three epistles in depth, he delivers clarifying messages for all Gods people:
- Messages that will assist you in understanding, applying, and dynamically communicating the biblical text.
- Messages that can quicken every believers mind for action.
- Messages that should strengthen us all as we contend for the faith in these challenging times.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Peter
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Peter
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Jude
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Peter
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Peter
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Jude
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Peter
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Peter
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> Jude