Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Study the book of 1 Peter with Jen Wilkin in this 9-session Bible Study. Peter, a man of faith and flaws and an eyewitness to the life of Christ, challenges us to look beyond our current circumstances to a future inheritance. In 1 Peter, he shares concerns about issues for the early believers and points us to humility and submission. Video sessions and promotional resources can be found at www.lifeway.com/1PeterStudy.
Each week's study contains five days of personal study, group discussion questions, and a page for taking notes from the video. The Bible Study can be completed without the videos, but watching the video sessions may answer any unresolved questions you may have.
Note: An Appendix contains the entire text of First Peter from the English Standard Version.
|Title: 1 Peter Bible Study Book: A Living Hope in Christ|
By: Jen Wilkin
Number of Pages: 160
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.40 X 6.90 X 0.40 (inches)|
Weight: 11 ounces
Series: Gospel Coalition
Stock No: WW051541
God of Creation, Bible Study Book: A Study of Genesis 1-11Jen WilkinLifeway / 2018 / Trade Paperback$13.99Video
A Woman Who Doesn't Quit Bible Study Book: 5 Habits from the Book of RuthNicki KoziarzLifeway / 2016 / Trade Paperback$13.99Video
- Personal study segments to complete between group sessions 9-session study with 8 weeks of homework
- Verse-by-verse approach to complete a book study
- Teaching videos that build upon and tie together the personal study available for purchase or rent (30 to 35 minutes per session)
- Expand your understanding of 1 Peter for personal spiritual growth by reading the book in its entirety throughout each week of study
- Follow a verse-by-verse approach to complete a book study
- Discover the gospel of Christ as learners seek to conform fully to the Scriptures
- Dig deeper into Scripture individually and alongside other womenboth those new to Bible study and those more familiar with Scriptureswith this widely-applicable study
Author: Jen Wilkin is a writer, teacher, and blogger at JenWilkin.net. She is the managing editor of The Village Church blog and leads the Flower Mound Womens Bible Study, an interdenominational Bible study with about 700 members representing 68 different churches. She earned a B.A. in English and a Master of Business Administration from Texas A&M. Jen wrote Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds and has a 9-week DVD Bible study on The Sermon on the Mount.Jen grew up in Texas and came to saving faith in elementary school. Her childhood was marked by time spent in seven different denominations a range of experience that left her with the conviction that knowing the Word was the only sure means of discerning truth from error. Jens passion is to see women become articulate and committed followers of Christ, with a clear understanding of why they believe what they believe and grounded in the Word of God. She sees women as most frequently appealed to through their emotions. Because of that, she advocates for women to have Bible literacy, love God with their minds, and have their voices and giftings fully leveraged in the church.