- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2008
The authors, who teach at a variety of seminaries and divinity schools across the nation, examine how the sermon can bring God's word to life for the congregation. In that sense, they consider the idea of performance from a wide range of theological, artistic, and musical viewpoints. These thoughtful essays will engage clergy and students with new ways of looking at the art of preaching.
Jana Childers (Ph.D., Graduate Theological Union) is the dean of the seminary and professor of homiletics and speech communication at San Francisco Theological Seminary. She is the author of Performing the Word: Preaching as Theatre.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Illustrations >> Crafting Illustrations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Illustrations >> Crafting Illustrations
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching