- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2014
Compassionate in its approach, rich with Scripture, and easy-to-understand, this 96-page book is a must-have guide on overcoming (and helping others overcome) perfectionism. It includes practical steps and Christian advice on how to break free from the unrealistic expectations and self-defeating thoughts that keep perfectionists stuck in a prison of performance.
Freedom from perfectionism begins at the point of truth—God's truth. In this quick-reference minibook, June Hunt unpacks key Bible verses to deepen your understanding of what it means to be made perfect in Christ. Experience the freedom that comes from replacing your fear of failure with the unshakable truth of God's unconditional love.
Designed for individual use or for friends, pastors, Christian counselors, and church leaders to give to those struggling with perfectionism.
4 Keys to Understanding a Perfectionist
(or someone with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- Perfectionists believe that anything less than perfect is unacceptable.
- Perfectionists appear confident, but they are actually afraid of failure.
- Perfectionists are usually harder on themselves than on others.
- Perfectionists live in an overly cautious way. They are often reluctant to try new tasks because they fear failing or appearing inadequate in the eyes of others.
Unmask the Root Causes of Perfectionism and Find out Practical Ways to Stop the Cycle of Perfectionism (and OCD)
- Get key definitions, such as what is the difference between perfectionism disorder and a pursuit of excellence? How can I know if I am stuck in an unhealthy pattern of perfectionism?
- Find out the signs and common characteristics of a perfectionist. Discover how the drive for perfection can take its toll on you physical, mentally, and spiritually. (Includes a checklist to identify where you fall on the perfectionism scale.)
- Discover practical solutions rooted in the Word of God on how to find freedom from perfectionism (and help others break the cycle of perfectionism). Explains how to overcome obsessive thoughts, set-up realistic goals, manage time effectively, accept failure, understand God's unconditional love, and pursue excellence. Includes key Bible verses to memorize.
- Dive into relevant stories that shed light on God's perspective of perfectionism, including the familiar story of Mary and Martha.
7 Self-Defeating Thoughts of a Perfectionist (or someone with OCD)
- If I don't succeed at this, I am a true failure.
- I must never make a mistake.
- I will never have credibility after making such a stupid mistake.
- I can't measure up in areas where it really matters.
- Why can't people just do what I ask without making mistakes?
- I still should have done better.
- I can't start this assignment until I have everything needed to do it perfectly.
Since perfectionism often starts with a distorted understanding of acceptance, June reveals 10 messages we should think/say to ourselves to start breaking free from self-defeating tendencies and mindsets. These include—
- TRUTH: I don't always have to measure up because no one is perfect.
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- TRUTH: I never have to fear losing God's love due to anything I might or might not do because His love is unconditional.
I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:3839).
- TRUTH: I can confidently take on new challenges because—with Christ in me—I'm not limited to doing only those things at which I excel.
The Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught (Proverbs 3:26 ESV).
The Bible is filled with true stories about people who are far from perfect. Even God's greatest servants had flaws and experienced failure. But God's unmatchable grace, picked them back up time and time again, and empowered them to soar to even greater heights of service.
The challenging question is: How do you free yourself from the chains of perfectionism? According to God's Word, you gain freedom by claiming your new identity in Christ. This minibook Perfection: The Performance Trap shows you how to confidently walk in your new identity in Christ—free from the burden of performance.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues