- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2011
"Be the People is a courageous analysis of todays most pressing issues, exposing the deceptions by the cultural elite and urging We the People to restore Americas faith and values."Sean Hannity
"There are many good books but only a few really important ones. Dr. Carol Swains Be the People is one of the latter. Brave, informed, candid, and thoughtful, she brings her fine academic mind to bear on the most pressing needs facing our country."Tony Perkins
"A courageous, challenging, and controversial call to Americans of all colors to return to their Creator and to come to their Judeo-Christian senses."Dr. Peter A. Lillback
"In Be the People Professor Carol Swain thoughtfully examines the biblical roots and religious significance of todays most pressing issues. Professor Swain shows how to make your voice heard and how to reclaim Americas faith and values."Lou Dobbs
An insightful analysis of the forces of deception rapidly reshaping America's morals, social policies, and culture, with a call to specific action, written by a thoughtful and courageous Christian social scientist on the front lines of today's issues.
Cultural elites in the media, academia, and politics are daily deceiving millions of Americans into passively supporting policies that are detrimental to the nation and their own best interest. Although some Americans can see through the smokescreen, they feel powerless to redirect the forces inside and outside government that radically threaten cherished values and principles.
Drawing on her training in political science and law, Dr. Swain thoughtfully examines the religious significance of the founding of our nation and the deceptions that have infiltrated our daily lives and now threaten traditional families, unborn children, and members of various racial and ethnic groupsas well as national sovereignty itself--and provides action points for the people of this country to make the political system more responsive.
The book is divided into two sections:
- Forsaking what we once knew
- Re-embracing truth and justice in policy choices
It also covers key topics such as:
- America's shift to moral relativism
- America's religious roots
- Abortion's fragile facade
- Historical and biblical views on families and children
- Erosion of rule of law, national security, and immigration
- Racial and ethnic challenges
- Reclaiming the future
Carol M. Swain, PhD, is widely recognized as an authority on political science, law, race, and immigration. She has provided expert commentary about some of today's most complex issues, appearing on top national radio and television programs. Currently professor of both political science and law at Vanderbilt University, she is also a member of the James Madison Society at Princeton University, where she was a tenured professor.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Religion & Society