- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2013
Being a leader means working with people, and that's not always easy! Whether in your office, church, neighborhood, or elsewhere, your interpersonal relationships can make or break you as a leader. That's why it's so important to be a "people person" and develop your skills in tapping that most precious of all resources: people.
In this powerful book, America's leadership expert John Maxwell helps you:
- discover and develop the qualities of an effective "people person"
- improve your relationships in every area of life
- understand and help difficult people
- overcome differences and personality traits that can cause friction
- inspire others to excellence and success
Loaded with life-enriching, life-changing principles for relating positively and powerfully with your family, friends, colleague, and clients, Be a People Person is certain to help you bring out the best in othersand that's what effective leadership is all about.
John C. Maxwell is an internationally respected leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold more than 18 million books. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP, a non-profit organization that has trained more than 5 million leaders in 126 countries worldwide. Each year he speaks to the leaders of diverse organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies, foreign governments, the National Football League, the United States Military Academy at West Point, and the United Nations. A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Business Week best-selling author, Maxwell has written three books that have sold more than a million copies: The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, Developing the Leader Within You, and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader. His blog can be read at JohnMaxwellOnLeadership.com.
Primula PeteAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Book has wit, wisdom and interest.December 19, 2013Primula PeteAge: Over 65Gender: femaleMeets Expectations: 5Excellent especially for someone in a managerial positions. The examples chosen are witty and so helpful in understanding ourselves and others. This is a very interesting book and so helpful. Much wisdom.
WoofiejoAge: 45-54Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Being A People PersonSeptember 29, 2013WoofiejoAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4John Maxwell is one of the leading authorities on how to be an effective leader. This book contains a wealth of great examples and anecdotes to help illustrate his principles, but I found most of the principles to be based on common sense (but nevertheless very good reminders).
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Treat others as you would want to be treated: encourage them, appreciate them, forgive them, listen to them, understand them.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ In life you're either going to see people as your adversaries or your assets and that is how you will relate to them.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Be more concerned about making others feel good about themselves than you are making them feel good about you_don't try to sell other people on your, try to sell them on themselves.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ The charismatic person will risk getting out of his comfort zone in order to make others feel comfortable.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Roadblocks to charisma are: pride, insecurity, moodiness, perfectionism, oversensitivity, negativism.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Those who are powerful in leadership understand that one of the key tasks of management is to find ways to grow people.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ We motivate best from the other person's perspective.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Leadership is not a position that one is given. It is a position that one earns by proving faithful.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ When a leader stumbles, others fall.
A great review of all the things that are needed to be a great leader - especially the chapters on being an encourager, loving difficult people and how to be a person who can handle criticism.
I received a complimentary e-copy of this book from David C Cook in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.
Tokshomewood, ilGender: female5 Stars Out Of 5January 21, 2010Tokshomewood, ilGender: femaleevery leader / manager of people should keep a copy of this book handy. it's an excellent reference material and shows how you can enhance your people skills and further develop the leader within you. a must-have. i loved it.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational