- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
"If you are remotely interested in New Testament Studies, especially the writings of Paul, this is an outstanding book to read. Paul Barnett does an excellent job in casting light on the lengthy period of time the Apostle spent in Syria and Cicilia. While in Syria, Paul formed his theology, which Barnett brings out extremely informatively. Barnett reflects on how Paul would have influenced the writings of Peter and James. This book is stimulating, informative and an invaluable resource. For anyone who takes the New Testament writings of Paul seriously, this book brings it all together and is a must-read."
- Peter Christofides, Dean of Students, Lecturer in New Testament, Vose Seminary, Perth, Western Australia
He is the author of some major commentaries on 2 Corinthians (Bible Speaks Today Series and The New International Commentary on the New Testament); 1 Corinthians: Holiness and Hope of a rescued people (Focus on the Bible); Mark: The Servant King, John: The Shepherd King, 1 Peter: Living Hope and Revelation: Apocalypse Now and Then (Reading the Bible Today). As well as a number of books on New Testament Background and the Historical Jesus such as After Jesus: The Birth Of Christianity, Is The New Testament History? (Revised 2004), Jesus and The Rise Of Early Christianity, The Truth About Jesus(Revised 2004), and Jesus And The Logic of History (New Studies In Biblical Theology).
Most recently he has produced The Corinthian Question: Why did the church oppose Paul? (Intervaristy Press, 2011) and three volumes in the After Jesus series; The Birth of Christianity: The First Twenty Years; Paul: Missionary of Jesus and Finding the Historical Christ: After Jesus.
- Editorial Review.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies