- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2016
What would happen if every pastor in America shared the vision to disciple every man in his churchcan you imagine?
No man falls on purpose, yet our culture is suffering from the fallout of the "men problem." Increasingly men are living autonomous and unexamined lives, getting caught up in the frenzy of life, and becoming satisfied with tasteless and powerless Christianity. Now, more than ever, men need unapologetic guidance and strong discipleship. Here's the place to start.
In Pastoring Men, Patrick Morley explains proven and practical strategies for discipleship, equipping pastors to effectively reach and disciple all of the men they shepherd.
This book will teach you:
- The state of men in your churchhow they are doing, what they want, what keeps them from getting what they want, and what they need
- The essential factors for successfully discipling men
- A concrete, sustainable strategy to help you organize your passion for men's discipleship without a lot of new programming.
Read and apply Pastoring Men and see men, their families, and your church thrive.
theChristianReviewerAge: 45-54Gender: Male5 Stars Out Of 5Must read for anyone leading or wanting to lead a men's ministry!February 1, 2017theChristianReviewerAge: 45-54Gender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5It feels like we are in a drought when it comes to men in the church - maybe not from being physically present, but rather a drought where many men are absent from involvement and we aren't seeing transformed lives like we should. This is just my own personal observation, however I have read of many others resounding very similar thoughts on this very topic. We are in desperate times where we need men of God to lead transformed lives and stand up, but that begs the question of how do we get men to that point. How do we disciple men without trying to "force it down their throat" making them resent our efforts? Patrick Morley has written this very timely book that is based on his Man in the Mirror Bible Study ministry. Morley does a great job in outlining what pastoring men is and what it isn't from a biblical basis. Providing examples on how to work with men in an environment that doesn't intimidate, but rather cultivates discipleship, ultimately resulting in men who are leading transformed lives. I received a copy of this book in exchange for this review from Moody Publishers and all opinions are my own.
Douglas Darchuk5 Stars Out Of 5April 16, 2009Douglas DarchukIf caring for the needs of today's men is on your heart than this book is a must read!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Relationships >> Mentoring
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Church & Supplies >> Men's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Men's Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships