- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2003
Seasoned pastor and educator James L. Shaddix presents a philosophical and theological argument for the practice of biblical exposition as the pastor’s primary approach to preaching ministry in the local church. Shaddix emphasizes listening for God’s voice in the sermon, God-centered vs. man-centered preaching, and/or preaching for real life-change.
Paul SimpsonAge: 35-44Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Where was this in seminary?January 4, 2012Paul SimpsonAge: 35-44Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5Jim Shaddix does a phenomenal job of bringing the art of preaching to modern day pastors. This book is interesting in that you can read it in its thematic development from its first section on biblical foundation, to philosophical framework and finish with practical implications or you can read it a second way where the topics of each section develops more fully the content of the above mentioned sections. It is an unique way for writing a book. However you read it, you will find that Mr. Shaddix knows his stuff and he knows how to teach you.
If you need a refresher course on preaching this is a book you must read. It is contemporary, insightful, practical, and most importantly, very biblical.
Get this book and give it away to another pastor friend.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Preaching
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching