- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Based on Philip Yancey's Gold Medallion Book of the Year on the life of Christ, The Jesus I Never Knew is a six-session small group Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately) in which Yancey uses film portraits of Jesus and contrasts them with the Jesus of the Bible.
The Jesus I Never Knew gives you fresh, uncluttered perspectives on history's central figurehis radical claims, his challenging teachings, and his effect on others . . . including you.
This remarkable experience will spark discussion, interaction, application, and growth. Together, you'll share life-changing discoveries about God, the Bible, and yourself. Best of all, you'll come face-to-face with the most compelling, creative, challenging, fearless, unpredictable, and ultimately satisfying person anyone can know: Jesus Christ.
This guide is filled with insights, questions for discussion, and applications that will help you discover the Jesus you never knew.
- The Jesus We Thought We Knew
- The Teachings of Jesus
- The Revolutionary Grace of Jesus The Miracles of Jesus
- The Death of Jesus
- The Resurrection, Ascension and Ongoing Presence of Jesus
Designed for use with the Jesus I Never Knew Video Study (sold separately).
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Website: www.philipyancey.com
SkeeterPAAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5December 28, 2011SkeeterPAAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I haven't yet started to use this guide for my small group but just by prereading it I think it is going to be a great study. There are such good discussion questions and scripture references to back it up, I know my group will enjoy this and will love learning more about the Jesus they thought they knew.
pastordave6234 Stars Out Of 5October 4, 2011pastordave623Quality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4working well with video. Almost seams too involved for small group.
VirginianVAAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5March 18, 2011VirginianVAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 3Meets Expectations: 4My Sunday School Class has enjoyed this study very much.
It has get past some of the stereotype impressions we have
of Jesus and has lead to some very rousing discussions.
Evelyn Viana5 Stars Out Of 5May 26, 2009Evelyn VianaPhilip Yancey does a wonderful job combining an entertaining look at how the person of Jesus is portrayed in a variety of film adaptations along with thoughtful bible study formats. I am currently doing this study with a group of about 12 women and we all love it.
Angela5 Stars Out Of 5May 7, 2009AngelaThey were perfect. The books were in great condition and arrived just in time. All of the books came in one shipment.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> Life/Ministry Jesus
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources