Parousia, The: The New Testament Doctrine of Our Lord's Second Coming - eBook
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 1999
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Brad Robinson5 Stars Out Of 5February 23, 2001Brad RobinsonThis book is THE definitive commentary on the "end-times" literature of the Bible. Russell did what few modern scholars have taken the time to do - examine scripture in the light of it's context rather than current events.Agree or disagree, the Russell's scholarship and integrity in handling the Word of God will impress and refresh. You will read scripture with renewed insight.
J. Major5 Stars Out Of 5August 26, 2000J. MajorJ. Stuart Russell does what no modern author today does with all the eschatological passages in the New Testament. He actually interprets them in context of the 1st century church. We who are so impressed with our intellectual arrogance and immediate personal application of scripture in our day miss the real meaning of what God's word really said to the 1st century church. I will be ordering more copies of this title. Thanks for having an accurate 2nd coming book in print. Complete fulfillment is so much more faith building than postponed fulfillment and projected fantasies. The time passages are really the key to understanding the eschaton of God. "Near", "Soon", "about to be", "this generation", "before some of you taste death", really have meaning when seen in the 1st century context, but not today.J. Stuart Russell was man of integrity in handling the scriptures. He didn't twist them to sensationalize and then say "I guess I was mistaken". Any serious Bible student must read this book and compare the Word of God to mens words.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Eschatology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology >> Postmillennial/Preterist
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Eschatology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prophecy & End Times >> End Times Theology