A careful guide through Scripture, hand in Hand shows us why Gods sovereignty and meaningful human choice work together in a beautiful way.
If God is sovereign, how can I be free to choose? But if God is not sovereign, how can he be God?
Is it possible to reconcile Gods sovereignty with human choice? This is one of the most perplexing theological questions. Its also one of the most personal.
In hand in Hand, Randy Alcorn says that the traditional approach to this debate has often diminished our trust in God and his purposes. Instead of making a one-sided argument from select verses, Alcorn examines the question in light of all Scripture. By exploring what the whole Bible says about divine sovereignty and human choice, hand in Hand helps us…
· Carefully and honestly examine the different views on this issue
· Gain a deeper understanding of God
· Appreciate Gods design in providing us the freedom of meaningful choice
· See the value in better understanding what we cannot fully understand
· Learn how to communicate about the issue in clear and compassionate ways
· More fully experience the unity Christ intends for his Church
Includes small-group discussion questions.
Randy Alcorn is the founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM). He is the New York Times best-selling author of more than 50 books, with over ten million copies sold. His books include The Treasure Principle, Happiness, Heaven, If God Is Good, and the award-winning novel Safely Home. The father of two married daughters and grandfather of five, Randy resides in Oregon with his wife, Nanci.