- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2015
If we were made for relationship with God, why do we often feel lost and distant from Him?
The life of Christian faith is and always has been a beautifully awkward reality. Following Jesus is donecan only be donein the messiness of this world into which we were all born. Yet many Christians expect the walk of faith to be easier, neater, and relatively devoid of hassles.
So perhaps its time for a frank conversation about the true nature of Christian faith. Maybe there are many desperately in need of a clear dialogue about howdespite living in a turbulent, chaotic worldour greatest joy is found in our pursuit of God.
In The Grand Paradox, Ken Wytsma seeks to help readers understand that although God can be mysterious, He is in no way absent.
- Gods ways are contradictory and counter to the way the world tells us to pursue happiness.
- Doubt is okay, it will accompany in the life of faith.
- What looks like struggle can actually be the most important and meaningful season of our lives.
This book is an exploration of the art of living by faith. It is a book for all those wrestling with the paradoxes that confront those who seek to walk with Christ. Its an honest look at how faith works, here and now, in our culture, our timeand how to put down real roots and flourish in the midst of our messy lives.
Ken Wytsma is a leader, innovator, and social entrepreneur. He is the president of Kilns College, where he teaches courses on philosophy and justice. He is the founder of The Justice Conferencea yearly international conference that exposes men and women to a wide range of organizations and conversations relating to justice and the biblical call to give our lives away. Ken is also a church planter and the lead pastor at Antioch Church. He and his wife, Tamara, have four daughters.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality