- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Joe Books Inc.
Publication Date: 2015
John Milton's epic blank-verse poem depicts the Fall of Man, Satan's temptation of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and his ultimate expulsion from Heaven, as a result. Paradise Lost is heralded as one of the English's language's greatest poetic achievements.
John Milton was a seventeenth-century English poet, polemicist, and civil servant in the government of Oliver Cromwell. Among Milton's best-known works are the classic epic Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained, considered one of the greatest accomplishments in English blank verse, and Samson Agonistes.
Writing during a period of tremendous religious and political change, Milton's theology and politics were considered radical under King Charles I, found acceptance during the Commonwealth period, and were again out of fashion after the Restoration, when his literary reputation became a subject for debate due to his unrepentant republicanism. T.S. Eliot remarked that Milton's poetry was the hardest to reflect upon without one's own political and theological beliefs intruding.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Poetry >> Epic
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Poetry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Books & Classic Literature
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Homeschool >> Subjects
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download