- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2007
Maggie, the farmer's youngest daughter, loves getting gifts, especially mysterious ones. One wintry day, she receives a package in the mail. She excitedly opens the package to find a bulb buried in a crate of dirt. This was not what Maggie expected. She had hoped for a doll or a game, not a bulb that would one day become a plant. When spring comes, she finds the bulb in the cellar and tosses the lifeless thing into the garden, never to think of it again. . . . Until she walks outside on Easter morning and finds the most beautiful lily she has ever seen. Through the unique gift of a bulb, Maggie discovers the power of grace and forgiveness and the true meaning of Easter.
Liz Curtis Higgs is an award-winning speaker as well as the author of twenty-eight books, including Bad Girls of the Bible and Thorn in My Heart. Her Parable Series for children has been awarded the ECPA Gold Medallion for Excellence.
Loves2ReadMorton, ILAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Wonderful lesson, cute storyApril 2, 2012Loves2ReadMorton, ILAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 3Meets Expectations: 4A wonderful lesson related to the Easter holiday. Teaches young ones that receiving a gift that may not be exactly what they wanted, might not be a bad thing after all. Sometimes the gifts we don't think to ask for are the best ones to receive. I love the way this story is written, and how fun it was to read with my kiddos. Even my 10 year old son liked the story. Great for ages infant through young child (with the older ones pretending not to listen, but enjoying it too).
*I received a free digital copy of this book for my review through Netgalley.
Billie Jean Brickey5 Stars Out Of 5April 14, 2009Billie Jean BrickeyGreat book, The children love the story and can relate to the disappointment of a box of dirt. Now they want to have a lily.
Louisa Cline4 Stars Out Of 5March 19, 2009Louisa ClineGreat story and illustrations! Kids really enjoyed it! The price was affordable. I wish it had a more biblical meaning to it.
Andrea Mariano4 Stars Out Of 5March 27, 2008Andrea MarianoIt was a great story...both my 4 yr. old and my 2 year old love to have it read to them!!
Robin Montgomery4 Stars Out Of 5March 24, 2008Robin MontgomeryThis is a beautiful story. I read to my 3yr old granddaughter and she loved it. I shortened it quite a bit so she would stay tuned in and will add more each time we read it. After putting her to bed, I heard her re- reading it to her Teddy.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Educational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Seasonal
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Educational
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Seasonal
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Seasonal >> Picture Books