Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Fortress Press
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 7 (inches)|
The Earthly Career of Jesus, the Christ: A Life in Chronological and Social ContextRobert D. CulverChristian Focus / Trade Paperback$16.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$23.99Save 31% ($7.50)
Douglas E. Oakman is Professor of Religion at Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington, and author of Jesus and the Economic Questions of His Day.
"This book has been admirably conceived and developed to assist the ordinary Bible reader in narrowing the cultural distance between the world of Jesus and our own. Both authors are expert teachers, proven researchers, and clear articulators of what they know so well: the society of Palestine in the Time of Jesus..." Bruce J. Malina, Creighton University
Along with an overview of the ancient Mediterranean worldview, Palestine in the Time of Jesus explores major domains and institutions of Roman Palestine: kinship, politics, economy, and religion.
Harvrural southern NMAge: Over 65Gender: male2 Stars Out Of 5Helpful information and figuresJune 8, 2012Harvrural southern NMAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 2Meets Expectations: 1Seemed to have a secular attitude from Christian experts. Very useful information on the political-religious environment of first century Palestine. Figures are particularly helpful.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> NT Socio-Historical Studies
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> Greco-Roman
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> NT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> NT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> Greco-Roman
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> NT Socio-Historical Studies