Cokesbury VBS 2020 COVID-19 Sharing Guidelines
Dear VBS Leader,
You are likely thinking along the following lines for VBS this summer:
- Your first choice is to have Vacation Bible School as scheduled.
- Your second choice is to reschedule VBS to a later date or move it.
- Your third choice is to hold a virtual or remote Vacation Bible School.
- Your last choice is not to have Vacation Bible School this year.
For those VBS Directors who have made the decision to have an At-Home VBS, here are some updates on the tools Cokesbury Publishing providing to you for FREE:
• Sharing Guidelines for Media and Print VBS Resources.
• At-Home Packets (a great resource for parents and other At-Home volunteers!
• At-Home VBS Director Guide with step-by-step directions on leading your volunteers, parents, and children through the best possible VBS experience! Knights of North Castle Virtual VBS Videos (1 for each of 5 sessions).
How to Use Cokesbury's At-Home VBS
Bring the VBS experience into your home with these Knights of North Castle Videos, free on Amplify Media! Young Knights will meet the Armorer and Sparky (the ice-breathing dragon puppet), learn memory verse & song motions, sing along to songs from Knights of North Castle VBS, see craft and science demonstrations, and most importantly, see the Bible Story told in memorable ways!
- Log on to amplifymedia.com using this link: my.amplifymedia.com/amplify/series/unitedmethodistpublishinghouse/36609-vacation-bible-school-2020-knights-of-north-castle
- Watch videos for each session of your VBS.
- Download Free At-Home Packets for each session below
Essential Supplies for VBS @ Home (Online or Backyard)
Media Usage Guidelines
Until your church is free to gather again, Cokesbury grants you permission to share your purchased Cokesbury VBS Videos through live streaming VBS sessions (on applications including but not limited to Zoom, Skype, and Facebook) in closed groups for the purpose of study. We are waiving stricter guidelines to allow:
Live streaming or “real-time” public sharing for a specific time period, like the duration of an online VBS Station, a Bible Storytelling session, or Assembly Time.
Streaming in a closed setting, such as a private Facebook group or through a password-protected web location. Here, sessions can be recorded or archived for viewing through the week. Please be sure if you post on YouTube or your church website that your settings are such that the videos are password-protected or only available to those who have a link. We ask that you remove Cokesbury VBS Videos once your VBS is complete.