RIO - Relational. Intentional. Overflow.
Help families foster a deeper relationship with God and a life of faith that is rich and full. Kids learn how to experience God, discern His voice, and know the Spirit’s powerful work in their lives. Rio emphasizes the relational aspect of faith and seeks to deepen relationships at all levels-leader to child, child to child, child to parent, parent to leader—within the context of a relationship with God. The two-year Scope and Sequence keeps the focus on God and His grand story and character instead of focusing on the individual Bible stories or characters.
Scope & Sequence: All Grades (Zip File Download)
Overview & Distinctives
Distinctives of RIO
Bible Translation: NIV
Time frame: 60 minutes, with additional activities for extra time
Format: Classroom Setting
Ages: 6 - 12 (Grades 1 - 6, divided into 3 age groups)
Scope & Sequence: 2 Years
Fully Downloadable Weekly Lessons with access to videos, music, & more resources
Online Resources: newsletters, training resources, forums, blogs and a toolbox to easily communicate with leaders, families and the church
Download Free Samples
Samples below are 36-page PDF documents. Please allow some additional time for Rio's fantastic images to load.
RIO Downloads Include:
- Rio Lesson PDFs and editable Word documents (Leader's Guide): The Rio lessons walk the leader through the lesson flow with clearly marked sections and an emphasis on enabling the leader to teach from the overflow of their own heart. If you'd prefer to tailor the lessons to your group, you can take advantage of the editable Word documents also included in your digital kit.
- Activity Pages: Give kids a way to go deeper into the lesson and God's Word through fun and contemplative activities.
- The Big Bible Panorama (Black & White version included): An engaging large-scale bible timeline. Each week your students will interact and learn the context from the passage of the week and see how everything fits into God's grand story.
- Story Points for each lesson will be placed on The Big Bible Panorama to further show how the lesson fits on the timeline.
- More to the Story: Lets you go deeper into the Bible with historical, archaeological, cultural, and geographic information.
- BreakOUT Cards: Quick ways to customize your lesson.
- Printable posters, maps, memory verses, role-plays, game cards, and more.
- Music, sound effects, slideshows, and links to videos that will enhance your lessons.
Free Media Resource Downloads
More Resources from David C Cook
Deron SpooDavid C Cook / 2017 / HardcoverOur Price$16.994 out of 5 stars for The Good Book: 40 Chapters That Reveal the Bible's Biggest Ideas. View reviews of this product. 6 Reviews
Retail Price$22.99Save 26% ($6.00)
This product is part of our current Spring Cyber promotion
Debby AndersonDavid C Cook / 1998 / HardcoverOur Price$3.794.5 out of 5 stars for Jesus Loves Me, Board Book. View reviews of this product. 39 Reviews
Retail Price$5.99Save 37% ($2.20)
J. Warner WallaceDavid C Cook / 2017 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$13.994.5 out of 5 stars for Forensic Faith. View reviews of this product. 8 Reviews
Retail Price$18.99Save 26% ($5.00)
Jeremy V. JonesDavid C Cook / 2012 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$12.995 out of 5 stars for The Action Bible Devotional. View reviews of this product. 5 Reviews
Retail Price$19.99Save 35% ($7.00)