- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
RIO - Relational. Intentional. Overflow.
Help families foster a deeper relationship with God and a life of faith that is rich and full. Kids learn how to experience God, discern His voice, and know the Spirit’s powerful work in their lives. Rio emphasizes the relational aspect of faith and seeks to deepen relationships at all levels-leader to child, child to child, child to parent, parent to leader—within the context of a relationship with God. The two-year Scope and Sequence keeps the focus on God and His grand story and character instead of focusing on the individual Bible stories or characters.
Scope & Sequence: All Grades (Zip File Download)
Bible Translation: NIV
Time frame: 60 minutes, with additional activities for extra time
Format: Classroom Setting
Ages: 6 - 12 (Grades 1 - 6, divided into 3 age groups)
Scope & Sequence: 2 Years
Fully Downloadable Weekly Lessons with access to videos, music, & more resources
Online Resources: newsletters, training resources, forums, blogs and a toolbox to easily communicate with leaders, families and the church
Download Free Samples
Samples below are 36-page PDF documents. Please allow some additional time for Rio's fantastic images to load.
Download RIO Early Elementary Sample Pack
RIO Early Elementary (Grades 1 & 2) digital curriculum helps kids learn how to experience God, discern His voice, love to obey His Word, and know the Spirit's powerful work in their lives. The digital curriculum contains:
- Rio Lesson PDFs and editable Word documents (Leader's Guide): The Rio lessons walk the leader through the lesson flow with clearly marked sections and an emphasis on enabling the leader to teach from the overflow of their own heart. If you'd prefer to tailor the lessons to your group, you can take advantage of the editable Word documents also included in your digital kit.
- Activity Pages: Give kids a way to go deeper into the lesson and God's Word through fun and contemplative activities.
- The Big Bible Panorama (Black & White version included): An engaging large-scale bible timeline. Each week your students will interact and learn the context from the passage of the week and see how everything fits into God's grand story.
- Story Points for each lesson will be placed on The Big Bible Panorama to further show how the lesson fits on the timeline.
- More to the Story: Lets you go deeper into the Bible with historical, archaeological, cultural, and geographic information.
- BreakOUT Cards: Quick ways to customize your lesson.
- Printable posters, maps, memory verses, role-plays, game cards, and more.
- Music, sound effects, slideshows, and links to videos that will enhance your lessons.
RIO Elementary Sample Pack Download
RIO Preteen Sample Pack Download
Rio Preteen curriculum includes all the same above great curriculum resources, adjusted for preteen students in Grades 5 & 6.
More Resources from David C Cook
The Good Book: 40 Chapters That Reveal the Bible's Biggest IdeasDeron SpooDavid C Cook / 2017 / Hardcover$12.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews Video
$22.99Save 43% ($10.00)
Brave Is The New Beautiful: Finding the Courage to Be the Real YouLee Wolfe BlumDavid C Cook / 2017 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$16.99Save 50% ($8.50)