James StobaughMaster Books / 2020 / OtherOur Price$55.981 out of 5 stars for American History: Observations & Assessments from Early Settlement to Today, Student Book & Teacher Guide. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$69.98Save 20% ($14.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW442399
American History is a rigorous, classical approach to history with an emphasis on analysis and independent thinking. High school students will develop their Christian worldview while studying the political and faith perspectives which have impacted American history and culture.
The course will take approximately 20-30 minutes per lesson, 5 days per week. Designed for grades 9-12 in a one-year history course. Can be combined with Stobaugh's literature curriculum for an integrated history/literature course.
Contents cover: the Natives of the New World, Pilgrims and Puritans, Colonial Life, Causes of the American Revolution, U.S. Constitution, Age of Reform, Antebellum Slavery, Revivalism, the American Civil War, Reconstruction, Immigration, the Wild West, the World Wars, the Vietnam War, African American History, and the War on Terrorism.
Your student will develop an understanding of American history trends, philosophies, and events through the use of:
- Critical thinking questions based roughly on Bloom's Taxonomy
- Examinations of historical theories surrounding a period or topic
- Clarified terms, concepts, and theories to be learned
- History makers who clearly changed the course of history
- Overviews and insights into world views
The teacher's guide includes:
- A convenient Daily Schedule
- Perforated, three-hole punched assignments
- Student worksheets, critical thinking questions, and exams
- Answer keys with grading criteria
- Learning objectives
- Short essay questions to help the student comprehend and apply the information presented
This kit includes:
- American History Student Book
- American History Teacher Guide
James StobaughMaster Books / 2012 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$12.995 out of 5 stars for British History: Observations and Assessments from Creation to Today, Teacher Guide. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$19.99Save 35% ($7.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW516454
This teacher's guide accompanies the sold-separately British History: Observations & Assessments Student Book. Organized by chapter and lesson, the assignment questions are repeated with the suggested correct answers underneath. An exam key, often comprised of two questions and answers, is also provided for day 5 of each week. Chapter exams (the same exams given for day 5 in the earlier portion of the book) are listed together in the back with point values for each question. 126 pages, softcover.