The Primary Arts of Language Reading and Writing materials are designed to go hand in hand. Start with the reading program, where students learn phonics and sight words while playing games and completing other engaging activities. Gradually add in the writing program, and students reinforce their reading skills with writing while learning to print letters, words, sentences, and stories using the Structure and Style. approach.
Give your children the tools they need to move from writing one to three paragraph compositions with structure and style. This package features everything you need to instruct your children in early writing skills, including printing practice and sentence formation to early grammar, story sequence analysis, and writing paragraphs.
This is the writing portion of Primary Arts of Language Complete Reading Package (sold- separately).
This writing portion is divided into three parts: printing, copy work, and composition. The printing portion provides a handwriting program to teach students to correctly form letters, and know how to pronounce the letter sounds. The copy work exercises will help with printing fluency and prepare students to composition. The composition lessons gently teach students to write stories and paragraphs.
This kit includes:
- Primary Arts of Language: Writing Teacher's Manual; 72 pages, spiralbound with softcover.
- Writing DVD-ROM that includes an instructional video by Jill Pike, Reading Comprehension MP3 by Adam Andrews, Dictation/Narration/Public Speaking MP3 Audio by Andrew Pudewa, The Four Language Arts MP3 by Andrew Pudewa and Writing Student Books (ebook version).
- All About Spelling Level1 Student Packet (Phonogram Chart, tokens, phonogram cards, sound cards, key cards, word cards, progress chart, and a certificate of achievement)
- All About Spelling: Spelling Basic Interactive Kit with color-coded letter tiles and phonogram sounds app plus phonogram cards
- All About Spelling Level 1 Teacher's Manual, 122 pages, softcover.
Introduce children to the concepts of phonics and whole words through poetry! Students are introduced to letters through letter stories and will discover the vowel and consonant pairs that help us read. Daily activities found in the Game Book reinforce concepts and help with memorization, while The Phonetic Farm folder gives students a place to collect all the phonics rules.
Teaching your child to read can be a frightening task; the included instructional DVD-ROM providing detailed instruction in phonics to help you successfully teach your child. All the student materials and poetry are also contained on this disc, allowing you to print as many student materials as you need for your family. Additional information includes:
This Reading program is designed to be used concurrently with the sold-separately Primary Arts of Language Complete Writing Package, which provides letter introductions through printing practice.
The Primary Arts of Language: Reading Complete Package includes:
Designed for additional students using the sold-separately Primary Arts of Language: Reading Complete Package, this fold-out play folder will help students collect all the phonics rules presented in the curriculum. The cover provides a guide for sticker placement (which is permanent). The included stickers should be added to the farm as students are taught each phonogram. Instructions for downloading a PDF e-book "The Phonetic Farm Word Book" are included with purchase.
This pack includes the full-color, fold-out farm folder; 5 sheets of stickers; and access to a downloadable PDF workbook.
Perfect for learning centers or seatwork activities, this matching card game reinforces phonetics and printing. Includes instructions and several audio talks. Grades K-2.
- 52 game cards plus instructions
- Printing with Letter Stories Overview [e-book]
- Primary Writing: From Printing to Composition [Audio]
- Mastery Learning [Audio]
Use the power of stories to help children remember their letters and the sounds they make. Printing with Letter Stories teaches students to learn each letter with a short "story" sentence that includes the letter's sound and how to form the letter. A set of teacher's guide pages feature a review of the lesson with instructions. The student handouts follow, and feature boxes in which students can practice writing each letter. Worksheets with tracing and worksheets with room to copy sentence and draw an accompanying illustration are also included.
These blackline masters were originally included in the Primary Arts of Language and are based on Anna Ingham's The Blended Sound-Sight Program of L earning.
Grades K-2. Approximately 230 pages, reproducible for family/classroom use. Loose-leaf.
Primary Arts of Language: Phonetic Games includes all of the phonetic games from the PAL: reading program. This spiral bound book contains everything you need to prepare file-folder games for your student to use to reinforce the phonetic rules that are presented in the Primary Arts of Language: Reading program. 147 pages with 47 cardstock cut-out pages, spiralbound, softcover.
Providing detailed instruction in phonics, the Primary Arts of Language: Reading DVD-ROM will prepare you to successfully teach your child. The student materials and poetry contained on this disc give you the opportunity to print as many student materials as you need for your family.
Includes the following:
- Instructional Video by Jill Pike
- Four MP3 audio talks: Nurturing Competent Communicators by Andrew Pudewa, The Four Language Arts by Andrew Pudewa, Poetry as an Integrator by Anna Ingham, and Intro to the Blended Sound-Sight Program by Anna Ingham
- Primary Arts of Language: Reading Student Book and Readers e-book
This teacher's guide contains the lesson plans and "Discovery" cards needed to teach the reading portion of the Primary Arts of Language.The lessons give specific, daily instruction for presenting the poetry, phonetic rules, and games. 134 pages, plus 31 cardstock pages, spiralbound softcover.
This teacher's manual accompanies the Institute for Excellence in Writing Primary Arts of Language Writing Student Book. This book provides an overview of the program (with notes on each section/program component) as well as lesson-by-lesson instructions that covers All About Spelling, story summaries, copy work, "style" instructions, printing, composition and more. A section of handouts is included at the back.129 pages plus 72 hand-out pages. Softcover and spiralbound.
The Primary Arts of Language: Writing is designed to be used with the rest of the Primary Arts of Language: Writing curriculum (not included). Students will practice identifying and writing lowercase and uppercase letters and numbers with correct spacing and line formation. 256 pages, spiralbound. First Edition. Grades K-2.
The DVD provides the training you need to successfully teach handwriting and composition using the Primary Arts of Learning: Writing program. This DVD-ROM includes student materials for easy printing. The disc also contains three MP3 audio talks to add to the teacher's training.
Includes the following:
- Instructional Video by Jill Pike
- Six MP3 audio talks:Reading Comprehension by Adam Andrews, Dictation, Narration, and Public Speaking by Andrew Pudewa, The Four Language Arts by Andrew Pudewa, Units I/II in the K-2 Classroom by Shirley George, Unit III in the K-2 Environment by Shirley George, The K-2 Writing Environment by Richelle Palmer
- Primary Arts of Language: Writing Student Books ebooks