Simply Classical Curriculum: Level A -Readiness, Rhythm, and Rhyme Lesson Plans for One Year is part of the Memoria Press special-needs classical readiness program.
Level A is designed for those with the approximately mental age of 2-3and features daily lessons designed to teach beginning readiness abilities in the rich context of beauty, stories, and prayer. Level A emphasizes oral language through such enjoyable readiness concepts as animals sounds, counting books, and nursery rhymes.
The lesson plans are broken up into individual tasks for each subject for each day. For example, for Day 1 on Week 2, tasks are given for prayer, calendar, recitation, alphabet lesson, number lesson, literature/poetry, oral language, fine motor/pre-writing, gross motor/coordination, and enrichment or therapies. Each task has a checkbox to easily keep track of which assignments were completed.
A pre-test assessment is provided along with a rubric for parents to assess skills to be developed during the program.
Please note that this is a lesson plan book that uses other resources (not included and sold-separately); it does not contain the teaching content itself. 112 pages, spiral-bound, paper cover.
Resources that are used in this curriculum and must be obtained SEPARATELY include the following:
- Prayers for Children by Eloise Wilkin (core curriculum)
- Jesus is with Me by Joni Walker
- The Very Busy Spider by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond
- Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
- ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book by Dr. Seuss
- Put Me in the Zoo by Robert Lopshire
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins
- My First Counting Book by Lilian Moore
- Numbers, Colors, Shapes by Priddy Books
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear? By Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle
- Little Fur Family by Margaret Wise Brown
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? By Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle
- The Animals' Christmas Eve by Gale Wiersum
- My First Real Mother Goose by Blance Fisher Wright
- Bunny's Noisy Book by Margaret Wise Brown
- Cars and Trucks from A-Z by Richard Scaary
- Jesus Hears Me by Joni Walker
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
- Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings by Matthew van Fleet
- My Very First Book of Shapes by Eric Carle
- Jesus Knows Me by Joni Walker
- 1 is One by Tasha Tudor
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? By Dr. Seuss
- From Head to Toe by Eric Carle
- Big Dog.Little Dog by P.D. Eastman
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Simply Classical Level A Oral Language Lesson PlansCheryl SwopeMemoria Press / 2015 / Other$8.49 Retail:
$9.00Save 6% ($0.51)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/17/20.Stock No: WW386956
Simply Classical Level A Literature/Poetry Lesson PlansCheryl SwopeMemoria Press / 2015 / Other$5.69 Retail:
$6.00Save 5% ($0.31)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/17/20.Stock No: WW386949