- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Save yourself the hassle of buying individual components; get everything you need for your core subjects with BJU Press' complete textbook kits! BJU Press' academically-sound, biblically-based courses have helped many homeschooling families fulfill their educational and spiritual goals. Grade 5.
BJU Press Grade 5 Hard Drive & Mega Curriculum Kit (2014 Edition)BJU Press / 2014 / Other$949.00Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW403964
Give your students a top-notch education with ease! With BJU Press' Hard Drive kits, you can have all of the award-winning BJU Press Distance Learning content for a full year. The content installed on the hard drive is available for 13 months only before being automatically erased, giving you and your students plenty of time to complete the year's school work. Just plug it in to your USB 2.0 port and you're ready to go! The menu keeps track of lessons already viewed, so you can quickly move on to the next.
Preloaded with all of the teaching content for this grade, this 2014 Hard Drive Kit includes the hard drive, student texts, and packets of print materials necessary to complete the course. Please note that for this year's kits, printed teacher's editions are not included. Instead, these 2014 kits include "Parent Resource Packets" (which includes answer keys for daily written assignments, a record of grades, tests & quizzes, video lesson guides, and additional activity pages) as well as "Student Worksheet Packets" (which include worksheets, charts, graphs, and illustrations). Packets are three-hole-punched and organized consecutively by unit and lesson.
Grade 5 includes the following instruction:
- Bible Truths 5 focuses on eternal truths through a chronological thematic study of many Old and New Testament events.
- Heritage Studies 5 explores the development of the automobile in the late 1800's through the inauguration of President Obama in 2009.
- English 5 continues studying the parts of speech and sentence structure while using the Writing Process to compose compare-contrast essays, persuasive business letters, and more.
- Spelling 5 challenges your fifth grader with difficult spelling patterns, more advanced dictionary usage, extensive Bible word studies, and common usage through journaling.
- Reading 5 strengthens a student's critical thinking skills as he reads classic literature excerpts and character-building stories.
- Math 5 uses a manipulative-based, interactive instructional approach to build on the mathematical foundations of multiplication, division, and place value, and to further develop the student's understanding of geometry, fractions, decimals, ratios, and measurements.
- Science 5 shows the application of the scientific process in God's creation while teaching your student about rocks and minerals, fossils and heat, sound and light, weather, biomes, ecosystems, and the respiratory and circulatory systems.
- Handwriting 5 contains a variety of activities centered on the theme "Writing Around the World.' Emphasis is placed on refining and maintaining good handwriting skills.
For a full list of the contents of this kit, please see the above "Contents PDF"
- Pentium class, 1 GHz processor or the equivalent.
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP service pack2 or Windows Vista
- Minimum of 512MB RAM (or more as required by the operating system).
- USB 2.0 port
- Best viewed at 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- External speakers with adjustable volume control recommended
- NOT compatible with MACs