- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Save yourself the hassle of buying individual components; get everything you need for your core subjects with BJU Press' complete textbook kits! BJU Press' academically-sound, biblically-based courses have helped many homeschooling families fulfill their educational and spiritual goals. Grade 3.
BJU Press Grade 3 Hard Drive & Mega Curriculum Kit (2014 Edition)BJU Press / 2014 / Other$879.00Availability: In StockStock No: WW403949
Give your students a top-notch education with ease! With BJU Press' Hard Drive kits, you can have all of the award-winning BJU Press Distance Learning content for a full year. The content installed on the hard drive is available for 13 months only before being automatically erased, giving you and your students plenty of time to complete the year's school work. Just plug it in to your USB 2.0 port and you're ready to go! The menu keeps track of lessons already viewed, so you can quickly move on to the next.
Preloaded with all of the teaching content for this grade, this 2014 Hard Drive Kit includes the hard drive, student texts, and packets of print materials necessary to complete the course. Please note that for this year's kits, printed teacher's editions are not included. Instead, these 2014 kits include "Parent Resource Packets" (which includes answer keys for daily written assignments, a record of grades, tests & quizzes, video lesson guides, and additional activity pages) as well as "Student Worksheet Packets" (which include worksheets, charts, graphs, and illustrations). Packets are three-hole-punched and organized consecutively by unit and lesson.
Grade 3 includes the following instruction:
- Bible Truths 3 introduces elementary students to higher thinking skills and encourage Christlikeness through practical application to life.
- Heritage Studies 3 relates the beginning of the United States from the framing of the Constitution up until the days of the Wild West.
- English 3 emphasizes traditional grammar as well as practice with vital reference skills and step-by-step use of the Writing Process for eight different types of writing assignments, such as game instructions, book reports, compare-contract essay, and more.
- Spelling 3 presents words arranged in same-sound, different-spelling groups for visual memory, with enjoyable activities encouraging practice.
- Reading 3 includes engaging, character-building stories and poems that will strengthen students' reading comprehension and phonics skills.
- Math 3 teaches place value, multiplication, division and fractions by using manipulatives for an interactive approach to math.
- Science 3 provides age-appropriate scientific information through text, diagrams, and charts, as well as annotated photographs and illustrations. Special interest boxes occur throughout the book and Quick Check sections are included in all text lessons.
- Handwriting 3 reinforces good handwriting habits and establishes with the student a consistent, legible writing style. Writing practices include copying poems, paragraphs, Bible verses, and writing personal compositions.
For a full list of the contents of this kit, please see the above "Contents PDF"
- Pentium class, 1 GHz processor or the equivalent.
- Windows 10, 8, Windows 7, Windows XP service pack 2 or Windows Vista
- Minimum of 512MB RAM (or more as required by the operating system).
- USB 2.0 port
- Best viewed at 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- External speakers with adjustable volume control recommended
- NOT compatible with Mac