- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
2017 Christian Book Award ®: Bibles Finalists
Context Changes Everything
You’ve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind the stories of Scripture.
That’s what the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible provides. Every page is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.
Discover new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar Bible passages as you take a behind-the-scenes tour into the ancient world.
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The Scriptures include subtle culturally based nuances, undertones, and references to ancient events, literature and customs that were intuitively understood by those who first heard the Scriptures read. For us to hear the Scriptures as they did, we need a window into their world.
The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) in the Old Testament and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary) in the New Testament, brings to life the ancient world of Scripture for modern readers.
- The full text of the NIV
- Targeted book introductions explaining the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes revealing new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Words of Jesus in red
- Additional study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps
- Presentation page
- 8.5-point text size
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 2.00"
NLT Girls Life Application Study Bible, TuTone, LeatherLike, Purple/Teal FlowerTyndale House / 2016 / Imitation Leather$29.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 122 Reviews
$44.99Save 34% ($15.50)
Based on the bestselling Life Application Study Bible and now including 1,000 Life Application notes, the Girls Life Application Study Bible strives to help girls discover who they are as followers of Christ, what they believe, and how they can apply what the Bible says to their lives.
It features brand-new Foundations for Your Faith---full-color fun and educational sections intended to draw girls to God and help them grow in their Christian faith. Each section is designed to help her learn more about the Bible, understand the Bible's big story, meet Jesus and know what it means to follow Him, learn how to share her faith with others, and gain practical skills for living out what she believes.
This edition features fun embellished flowers on the front, a purple reading ribbon, and colorful polka-dot page edges. Recommended for ages 9 to 13 years.
The Complete Jewish Study Bible pairs the newly updated text of the best-selling Complete Jewish Bible with detailed notes and comprehensive study material to help both Jewish and Christian readers understand and connect with the essence of their faith—God’s redemptive plan for his people. Readers will be enriched through this Jewish reading of Scripture and the revelation of the long-awaited Messiah, Yeshua, throughout both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B’rit Hadashah (New Testament).
- Over 100 articles—categorized into twelve themes—run throughout the Bible covering topics such as Jewish Customs, Messianic Prophecy, the Names of God, Shabbat, the Torah, and more
- Over thirty additional topical articles—ranging from such subjects as the menorah and repentance, to Yeshua’s “Sermon on the Mount” and the Noachide Laws (the laws given by God to Noah and subsequent generations) and their applicability to Gentiles—offer fresh insight and spiritual application
- New Bible book introductions, written from a Jewish perspective
- Follows the Jewish order of the Takakh’s books (Old Testament), the order with which Yeshua was familiar
- Includes extensive bottom-of-the-page notes throughout to help readers understand the historical background and cultural context of the text
- Provides Scripture readings for Sabbaths, Festivals, Feasts, and Fasts
- Offers the original Hebrew names for all people, places, and concepts, as well as a pronunciation guide
- Articles written by over thirty contributors (both Jewish and Christian), including Drs. John and Patrice Fischer, Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, Rabbi Barney Kasdan, and many more
- Featuring quotes and excerpts from well-known Rabbis and scholars, both ancient and modern, such as Dr. Walter Kaiser, Dr. Daniel Boyarin, Dr. Amy-Jill Levine, Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, Rabbi Gamaliel, Rabbi Hillel, Rabbi Shammai, Rabbi Akiva, Maimonides, Dr. Michael Brown, Dr. Michael Rydelnik, and many more
- In addition to these topical articles and detailed study notes, there are twelve tracks or themes running throughout the Bible with 117 articles, covering topics such as Jewish Customs, the Names of God, Shabbat, and the Torah
- Eight pages of full-color maps
- Presentation page
- Two ribbon markers
- 10-point text size
- 9.75" x 7.00" x 1.75
NLT Inspire Bible: The Bible for Creative Journaling, TealTyndaleTyndale House / 2016 / Hardcover$26.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW413743
Inspire is a new single-column, wide-margin New Living Translation Bible that will be a cherished resource for creative art journaling. It is the first Bible of its kind—with over 400 beautiful line-art illustrations spread throughout the Bible. Full-page and partial-page Scripture art is attractively displayed throughout the Bible, and the illustrations can be colored in to make each Bible unique, colorful, and customizable.
Every page of Scripture has two-inch-wide margins, with either Scripture line-art or ruled space for writing notes and reflections, or to draw and create. The generous font (8.65) ensures optimal readability, and quality cream Bible paper is great for creative art journaling. Inspire is the only single-column, wide-margin Bible available in the popular New Living Translation, and it is designed uniquely to appeal to art-journaling and adult coloring book enthusiasts.
- Complete text of the New Living Translation Bible
- A lovely, teal imitation leather over hardboard, with beautifully-designed full-color page edges
- A matching ribbon marker
- An elastic band closure
- 2"-wide margins for personal reflections and creative art journaling
- Over 400 designed Scripture verses that can be colored in, with index
- Single-column text layout
- Readable black-letter text throughout
- Presentation page for gift-giving
- Presented in a beautiful gift box
- Generous 8.65-point text size
- 8.25" x 6.25" x 2.00"
NLT Hidden in My Heart Scripture Memory Bible, HardcoverStephen ElkinsTyndale House / 2016 / Hardcover$15.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$24.99Save 36% ($9.00)Availability: In StockStock No: WW381671Video
Scripture memorization grounds kids in the faith, equips them for the future, and solidifies relationships with Christ, family, and others. The Hidden in My Heart Scripture Memory Bible was created to encourage kids not only to read God’s Word but also to hide it deep within their hearts.
One hundred of the Bible’s core verses have been set to music by renowned children’s author and song writer Stephen Elkins. The 100 songs include a variety of genres and are available in the New Living Translation, New International Version, and King James Version, and all songs are free with the purchase of the Bible.
Additional interactive features encourage school-age kids to engage with the Word in every place of their life.
- 100 Free downloadable songs from Hidden In My Heart website
- 100 core memory verses called out in the text
- 136 challenge verses for those looking to go even further
- Practical application notes
- 10 Hide-It Helpers to aid in memorization
- Digging Deeper discussion guides
- Thematic Memory Verse Plans
- Ribbon marker
- Presentation pages
- 9-point text size
- 8.75" x 5.75" x 1.50"