2020 Christian Book Award ®: Bibles Finalists
Today's church can be renewed by listening to yesterday's saints.
The CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible has been compiled for both men and women and features study notes and commentary from the writings of the church fathers of the second through fifth centuries to help you understand and apply their rich, biblical insights to your life. Also included in the CSB Ancient Faith Study Bible are "Twisted Truth" call-outs describing where some ancient thinkers drifted from orthodoxy, over 25 feature articles highlighting a key selection from one of the early church fathers on an essential Christian truth, and biographies of 25 of the most influential patristic church fathers.
The study Bible's commentary and writings are from: Irenaeus of Lyons, Origen, Justin Martyr, Tertullian, Clement of Alexandria, Ambrose of Milan, Augustine of Hippo, Athanasius of Alexandria, John Chrysostom, Jerome, the Cappadocian Fathers, and more.
- Study notes from the early church
- Exclusive feature articles
- Profiles of patristic fathers
- "Twisted Truth" call-outs
- Author index to easily find commentary from individual church fathers
- Presentation page
- Book introductions
- Two-column text
- Black-letter text
- Smyth-sewn binding
- Two ribbon markers
- Full-color maps and more.
- 10.25-point type size
- 8-point study notes
The CSB He Reads Truth Bible is a great resource for men seeking to know God's Word. It includes well-crafted theological memos to increase biblical literacy. Each book of the Bible is color coded by genre and features detailed book introductions, a reading plan, and full-color maps, charts, and timelines. This Bible invites every man to count himself as part of the He Reads Truth community of "Men in the Word of God every day."
- 66 hand-lettered key verses
- 17 full-color timelines
- 21 maps
- 122 charts (including infographics and lists)
- Reading plans for every book of the Bible
- One-year Bible reading plan
- Book introductions
- Smyth-sewn binding
- Two colored ribbon markers
- Wide margins
The He Reads Truth Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible. (CSB). The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible's original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture's life-transforming message and to share it with others.
Let your prayer life be inspired by 400+ prayers of the early church fathers, Puritans, Protestant Reformers, and more, linked to key passages of Scripture in the ESV Prayer Bible. Created to help you reflect on God's Word through prayer, this volume demonstrates the connection between the words God has spoken to us in the Bible and the words we speak back to him in prayer.
- Single-column, paragraph format
- 400+ historical prayers interspersed throughout the Bible text
- Prayer-related book introductions providing insight into how to use each specific book in prayer
- Introductory essay by professor Donald S. Whitney, author of Praying the Bible, explaining how and why to pray the Bible
- User guide
- Author index featuring bios of historical contributors and relevant page numbers
- Comprehensive index featuring every time prayer is mentioned in the entire Bible
- Reading plans
- Type Size:Bible: 9.25-point; Prayers: 7.5-point
- Sewn Binding
- Book intros
- Words of Christ Black
NIrV, The Illustrated Bible for Kids is a new kind of Bible that allows kids ages 4 to 8 years to read the full Bible without chapter and verse numbers and footnotes-study aids that are helpful for adults but can be distracting for kids. This Bible presents the story of God's people in a single column format with a readable font. With nearly every turn of the page, children will encounter full-color illustrations and kid-friendly maps that illuminate the Bible story. For children who want to read on their own or with an adult nearby, this is the perfect first full-text Bible for kids who appreciate the power of story and of God's Word.
- Bonus full-color double-sided poster
- Over 500 full-color illustrations throughout
- Full-color, child-friendly maps
- Index to illustrations
- Index of popular Bible stories
- And more!
NLT Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition--genuine leather, blackTyndale House / 2019 / Genuine Leather$63.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews Video
$99.99Save 36% ($36.00)
Today's #1-Selling Study Bible been thoroughly updated and expanded in The Life Application Study Bible - 3rd Edition, offering fresh and relevant insights.
New features include: a refreshed interior design with a second color for visual clarity; meaningfully updated study notes and features; and the Christian Worker's Resource- a special supplement to enhance the reader's ministry effectiveness.
Study the stories and teachings of the Bible with study notes, overviews, vital statistics, outlines, and timelines. Grasp difficult concepts using in-text maps, charts, and diagrams. Discover how you can apply the Bible to your life today.
- Enhanced, updated, and with new content added throughout
- Now more than 10,000 Life Application® notes and features
- Over 100 Life Application® Bible character profiles
- Introductions and overviews for each book of the Bible
- More than 500 maps & charts
- Side-column cross-references
- Index to notes, charts, maps, and profiles
- Refreshed design with a second color for visual clarity
- 16 pages of full-color maps
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding, lays flat when open
Print & Digital. Read deeply.
The NLT Filament Bible combines a beautifully printed compact Bible presented in a single column text format with the information-rich capability of the Filament app. Simply scan the page number with your phone or tablet to connect to a wealth of information: study notes, historical character profiles, devotionals, videos, interactive maps, and more - all focused on the specific passage you're reading.
This unique format allows you to customize your reading experience of God's Word. Read Scripture on a page unclutter with notes all over the margins, yet access more study and devotional content available than in any print Bible on your mobile device. Draw closer to God as you engage deeply with His word with tools exclusive to the NLT Filament Bible.
Filament App Includes:
- In-depth study notes
- Bible character profiles
- Educational Videos
- Interactive Maps
- Available in the App Store and Google Play
Filament Bible Features:
- Line-over-line single-column text
- 9 point text size
- Wide margins