Run to Overcome: The Inspiring Story of an American Champion's Long-Distance Quest to Achieve a Big Dream - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Tyndale Momentum
Publication Date: 2014
When Meb Keflezighi signed up to run the Boston Marathon in 2014, no one expected him to be the first to cross the finish line. But if theres one thing Meb knows how to do, its overcome. Yet Meb is the living embodiment of the American dream. His family came to the U.S. to escape poverty and a violent war; 12-year-old Meb spoke no English at the time and had never raced a mile. Thanks to hard work and determination, he excelled academically and became an Olympic silver medalist. But it all came crashing down when Meb, a favorite for the Beijing Olympics, fractured his hip and pelvis during the trials and was left literally crawling. That same day, he lost his close friend and fellow marathoner to a cardiac arrest. Devastated, Meb was about to learn whether his faith in God, the values his parents had taught him, and his belief that he was born to run were enough to see him through. Run to Overcome is the story of a true American champion who discovered the real meaning of victory against all odds. Now with an updated chapter after Mebs amazing finish in Boston.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Athlete Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Athlete Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Athlete Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational