- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Does your leadershipstyle fit new ways of doing church--leadership that is organic and elasticand that finds ways to seize God-given opportunities? Looking back anddrawing on the ancient Christian tradition, Bob Whitesel describes seven traitsfor successful leadership, which he characterizes by seven symbols:
O (the Greek symbol theta) the firstletter of the Greek word theosstresses that God is the source of the burden for others and provides the powerto help them.
Rx (the medical prescription symbol) an emphasis on addressing the spiritual and physical health of leaders.
G (a stylized G for graffiti) the edgy, colorful, and artful collages that help define contemporaryorganizations.
A (inspired by the recyclesymbol) the idea of recycling places, experiences and people rather thandiscarding them.
N - emerging networks thatc9onnect people more quickly, efficiently, precisely and continuously.
I - an emphasis on incarnation,a going in the flesh to serve others rather than sending surrogates.
X (the Jerusalem crosswith a number in each quadrant) four types of measurement observed inJerusalem (Acts 2:42-47), which at their core point to Christs work on thecross.
Taken together, these symbols spell out the word organix and represent a fundamentally new way to think about your church and how you can best lead.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational >> Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational