Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 26
Vendor: Puffin Books
Publication Date: 2002
|Dimensions: 8.48 X 5.96 X 0.24 (inches)|
"DePaola's writing and recollective skills are so fresh that kids will feel like he's sitting right next to them, telling his tales in and out of school with disarming charisma and not a hint of nostalgia." (The Horn Book)
"More please." (Kirkus Reviews, pointer review)
His particular way with color, line, detail, and design have earned him many of the most prestigious awards in his field, among them a Caldecott Honor Award for Strega Nona, the Smithsonian Medal, the Kerlan Award from the University of Minnesota for his "singular attainment in children's literature," the Catholic Library Association's Regina Medal for his "continued distinguished contribution," and the University of Southern Mississippi Medallion. He was also the 1990 United States nominee for the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for illustration, and received the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award for lifetime contribution to children's literature in 2011.
DePaola has published almost 200 children's books in 15 different countries over the past 30 years. Among his most well-known titles are the Strega Nona series, 26 Fairmount Avenue, and The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush.
DePaola lives in an interesting house in New Hampshire with his four dogs. His studio is in a large renovated 200-year-old barn.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Homeschool >> Electives >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Biography
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life