- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: The Kent State University Press
Publication Date: 2011
The people who lived and worked on and alongside the Ohio & Erie Canal had a vocabulary all their own. Originally published in 1995, this glossary was the first to list in one source the terms used to describe the boats, crews, locks, equipment, and canals.
Terry K. Woods provides a dictionary of primary terms selected from official reports as well as terms taken from interviews with former boatmen. This new edition includes a detailed description of the canal's route--elevation, engineering, locks, feeders and the businesses and communities along the way.
Serious students of Ohios canal era and canal buffs alike will find the definitions compiled in this glossary interesting and helpful in their readings and studies of the Ohio & Erie Canal system.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download