Add To Cart
Obeying the Truth: Paul's Ethics in Galatians
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Obeying the Truth is a great addition to the further study of the new perspective of Paul and the Law. John M.G. Barclay addresses the interpretive difficulties of Paul's letter to the Galatians. He concludes that the best way to view the debate is through the eyes of the first century Jew that Paul was and the first century difficulties Christian Jews and Christian Gentiles were having. Barclay reminds us the importance of focusing on the historical context in order to understand what Paul is really saying to the Galatians and how it is applicable to our current situations.
John M.G. Barclay is Lightfoot Professor of Divinity at the University of Durham. His other works include Jews in the Mediterranean Diaspora.
Number of Pages: 316
Vendor: Regent College Publishing
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 X 0.90 (inches)|
This volume probes the social context of Paul's letter to Galatians in order to determine the character and purpose of the moral instruction Paul gives to its recipients. Here the new perspectives on Paul and the Law are fully integrated with a detailed exegesis of Galatians, shedding light on the crisis Paul addressed and on the whole character of Pauline ethics.
Be the first to write a review!
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Exegetical Studies
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Exegetical Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Biblical Ethics
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Exegetical Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Exegetical Studies
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Biblical Ethics