In this study you'll look at some of the best Discipleship Journal articles on the topic of prayer, and examine Scripture passages that will help you develop and nurture a passionate prayer life. As you study and engage in the related practical exercises, you'll learn:
- The proper focus and attitude in prayer
- The role of confession in developing intimacy with God
- How to avoid distractions and persist in prayer
- Common mistakes in how we approach God
- How to handle the dilemma of unanswered prayer
- The worldwide impact of prayer
- The role of listening in prayer, and more.
Individual or group study.
Is your experience with prayer less than passionate communication with the Maker of the universe? Using this studys 8 sessions, learn to change your attitude toward prayer and discover intimate interaction with the Heavenly Father.
Michael Smith is a former Navigator missionary was also assistant editor of Discipleship Journal . Mike has been an adult education teacher at First Presbyterian Church in Colorado Springs. He is the owner of WordSmith Creative Services a small business that provides marketing strategies copy writing and creative solutions for businesses. He and his family live in Colorado Springs Colorado.
NavPress books by this author:
•Redeeming Failure (A Discipleship Journal Bible Study)
•Following God in Tough Times (A Discipleship Journal Bible Study)
•Becoming More Like Jesus (A Discipleship Journal Bible Study)
•Nurturing a Passion for Prayer (A Discipleship Journal Bible Study)
•Growing in Faith