Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 156
Dimensions: 7.63 X 5.13 (inches)
Number the Stars Study Guide on CDROMProgeny Press / Compact disc$16.49 Retail:
$18.99Save 13% ($2.50)
As the German troops begin their campaign to "relocate" all the Jews of Denmark, Annemarie Johansens family takes in Annemaries best friend, Ellen Rosen, and conceals her as part of the family.
Through the eyes of ten-year-old Annemarie, we watch as the Danish Resistance smuggles almost the entire Jewish population of Denmark, nearly seven thousand people, across the sea to Sweden. The heroism of an entire nation reminds us that there was pride and human decency in the world even during a time of terror and war.
With a new introduction by the author.
Lois Lowry is the author of more than thirty books for children and young adults, including the New York Times bestselling Giver Quartet and popular Anastasia Krupnik series. She has received countless honors, among them the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award, the Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award, the California Young Readers Medal, and the Mark Twain Award. She received Newbery Medals for two of her novels, NUMBER THE STARS and THE GIVER. Her first novel, A SUMMER TO DIE, was awarded the International Reading Associations Childrens Book Award. Ms. Lowry now divides her time between Cambridge and an 1840s farmhouse in Maine. To learn more about Lois Lowry, see her website at loislowry.com or follow her on Twitter @LoisLowryWriter.
CaliCaliforniaAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A very interesting & exciting story.June 6, 2013CaliCaliforniaAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My daughter & I really enjoyed reading this book together...we couldn't put it down. I highly recommend it!
Brianna4 Stars Out Of 5April 4, 2010BriannaThis is one of those rare books that isn't "too young" for the reader. I enjoyed reading this book several time, after I got it at about 10 years old. Serious topics are approached in an age appropriate and sometimes even a fun way.
Miri5 Stars Out Of 5December 12, 2006MiriThis book is wonderful. I highly recommend it.
Leslie5 Stars Out Of 5October 16, 2005LeslieWonderfully written, this book is great for anyone who loves historical fiction, especially during World War 2.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Historical
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Newbery Award Winner
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Children's Classics
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Historical
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Newbery Award Winner
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction