Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Spring Cyber Sale
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
The New Oxford Annotated Apocrypha offers the same scholarship of study and clarity of text that students, professors, clergy and general readers have come to expect from the Oxford Annotated Bible—with the Apocrypha.
Extensively revised featuring a new design to enhance readability, and brand-new color maps, the Annotated Fourth Edition adds to the established reputation of this essential biblical studies resource. Many new and revised maps, charts, and diagrams further clarify information found in the Scripture text. In addition, section introductions have been expanded and the book introductions present their information in a standard format so that you can find what you need to know.
Includes Apocrypha only
- The renowned New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) translation, the scholarly standard for biblical study
- Single column annotations at the foot of the pages
- In-depth treatment of the history and varieties of biblical criticism
- In-text background essays on the major divisions of the biblical text
- In-text charts, and maps
- A page number-keyed index of all the study materials in the volume
- Wholly revised, and greatly expanded book introductions and annotations
- Detailed explanations of the historical background of the text
- A full index to all of the study materials, keyed to the page numbers on which they occur
- A full glossary of scholarly and critical terms
- 8-point text size
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 1.00"
Number of Pages: 400
Vendor: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 2010
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.56 (inches)
Text Layout: Double Column
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 8 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible, 4th Ed. HardcoverOxford University Press / 2010 / Hardcover$35.99 Retail:
$42.99Save 16% ($7.00)
NRSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, 4th Edition, Black, Genuine Leather, Thumb-IndexedOxford University Press / 2010 / Genuine Leather$65.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 21 Reviews
$95.00Save 31% ($29.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW289572
RSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, Genuine leather, BlackOxford University Press / 1962 / Genuine Leather$59.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 23 Reviews
$89.99Save 33% ($30.00)
RSV New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocrypha, Expanded Edition, hardcoverOxford University Press / 1977 / Hardcover$32.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 23 Reviews
$49.99Save 34% ($17.00)
Extensively revised featuring a new design to enhance readability, and brand-new color maps, the Annotated Fourth Edition adds to the established reputation of this essential biblical studies resource. Many new and revised maps, charts, and diagrams further clarify information found in the Scripture text. In addition, section introductions have been expanded and the book introductions present their information in a standard format so that students can find what they need to know. Of course, the Fourth Edition retains the features prized by students, including single column annotations at the foot of the pages, in-text charts, and maps, a page number-keyed index of all the study materials in the volume, and Oxford's renowned Bible maps. This timely edition maintains and extends the excellence the Annotated's users have come to expect, bringing still more insights, information, and perspectives to bear upon the understanding of the biblical text.
· The renowned New Revised Standard Version Bible translation, the scholarly standard for study of the Bible
· Wholly revised, and greatly expanded book introductions and annotations.
· Annotations in a single column across the page bottom, paragraphed according to their boldface topical headings.
· In-text background essays on the major divisions of the biblical text.
· More detailed explanations of the historical background of the text.
· More in-depth treatment of the history and varieties of biblical criticism.
· A full index to all of the study materials, keyed to the page numbers on which they occur.
· A full glossary of scholarly and critical terms.
Classic but not stodgy, up-to-date but not trendy, The New Oxford Annotated Apocrypha: 4th Edition is ready to serve new generations of students, teachers, and general readers.
Michael Coogan is Professor of Religious Studies at Stonehill College and Director of Publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum. He has also taught at Harvard University, Boston College, Wellesley College, Fordham University, and the University of Waterloo (Ontario), and has participated in and directed archaeological excavations in Israel, Jordan, Cyprus, and Egypt. He is the author of Old Testament text books and The Old Testament VSI.
Marc Z. Brettler is Dora Golding Professor of Biblical Studies and chair of the Department of Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Brandeis University.
Carol Newsom is Charles Howard Candler Professor of Old Testament, Candler School of Theology, Emory University.
Pheme Perkins is Professor of Theology at Boston College.
Gabriel Zepeda-Rolon5 Stars Out Of 5Easy ReadingApril 3, 2017Gabriel Zepeda-RolonQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I like the Introduction notes for the books. Easy Reading for Scholarly comments. Handle with care, it is very flexible, so keep in mind when storing. Does not make justice to women in comments (so make sure to compliment socio-cultural contexts with other resources). I do have the separate Annotated Apocrypha Volume. Has Maps and Charts I don't use (since I have other specialized resources), but they seem like they're pretty complete (I'll let someone who uses them comment on those).
Bill v5 Stars Out Of 5Great experienceApril 29, 2015Bill vQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Shopping at the Christianbook site is great. Prices are good and merchandise is wonderful.