Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The landmark general reference Bible that offers the full text of the New Revised Standard Version, now completely revised and updated by leading biblical scholars, including, new introductions and notes, diagrams, charts and maps—25% revised or new material.
After 10 years of new archeological discoveries and changes in biblical studies, it was time for an overhaul of this classic reference work.
With the guidance of the Society of Biblical Literature, an organization of the best biblical scholars world wide, we have selected Dean of Yale Divinity School, Harold Attridge, to oversee the Study Bible's updating and revision.
The fundamental strengths of the first HCSB remain:
- Up–to–date introductions to the Biblical books, based on the latest critical scholarship, by leading experts in the field
- Concise notes, clearly explaining names, dates, places, obscure terms, and other difficulties in reading the Biblical text
- Careful analysis of the structure of Biblical books
- Abundant maps, tables, and charts to enable you to understand the context of the Bible, and to see the relationship among its parts
In this new revised edition every introduction, essay, map, illustration and explanatory note has been reviewed and updated, and new material added.
For instance, there are newly commissioned introductory essays on:
- The archaeology of ancient Israel and the New Testament world,
- The religion of ancient Israel
- The social and historical context of each book of the Bible
- Biblical interpretation
There are completely new introductions and notes for many of the books in the Bible, plus a full revision and updating of all others. Of special interest are:
- The literary history of the Apocrypha
- More references to ancient non–Biblical sources which seem to parallel books in the Bible like the Gnostic gospels uncovered in Egypt or the famous scrolls found near the Dead Sea in Israel
- More comprehensive attention to the interrelationship of Old and New Testaments
Number of Pages: 2272
Publication Date: 2006
Dimensions: 9.5 X 6.50 X 2.0 (inches)
Text Layout: Double Column
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Revised, softcoverHarperOne / 2006 / Trade Paperback$27.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 14 Reviews
$39.99Save 31% ($12.50)
NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Student Edition, Revised, hardcoverHarperOne / Hardcover$26.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)
NRSV HarperCollins Study Bible with Apocrypha, Student Edition, Revised, softcoverHarperOne / Trade Paperback$24.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$34.99Save 29% ($10.00)
The HarperCollins Study Bible—Student Edition is the landmark general reference Bible that offers the full text of the New Revised Standard Version as well as in-depth articles, introductions, and comprehensive notes by today's leading biblical scholars for the Society of Biblical Literature. Completely revised and updated, this edition incorporates the latest scholarship and findings as well as incorporating new diagrams, charts, and maps—25% revised or new material.
Harold W. Attridge, Ph.D., is Dean of Yale University Divinity School and Lillian Claus Professor of New Testament. He has published many scholarly contributions to New Testament exegesis and to the study of Hellenistic Judaism and the history of the early Church. He also has served as the president of the Society of Biblical Literature.
The Society of Biblical Literature is a nine-thousand-member international group of experts on the Bible and related fields.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Does this have apocryphal& Deuterocanonical books included?
Yes, this has both the Apocryphal and Deuterocanonical books included.