Add To Cart
Add To Cart
What do you do when your reality is so different from the vision you had for yourself. In this 6-session Bible study with Lysa TerKeurst, she offers fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living in between Eden and eternity. This Study Pack includes one DVD and one study guide. If doing this as a Small Group DVD Study, you will also need a copy of the It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Book.
1. The Birthplace of Disappointment (28:00)
2. Living Between Two Gardens (18:30)
3. Problems Placed On Us and Problems Within Us (18:30)
4. The Four Steps of Restoration (15:30)
5. When the Enemy Comes Against Us (16:30)
6. Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused (21:00)
Approximate runtime: 113 minutes
|Title: It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Study Pack (DVD and Study Guide)|
By: Lysa TerKeurst
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2018
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 7.25 (inches)|
Weight: 15 ounces
Stock No: WW094371
Trustworthy: Overcoming Our Greatest Struggles to Trust God, Bible Study BookLysa TerKeurstLifeway / 2019 / Trade Paperback$15.994 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews Video
What do you do when Gods timing seems questionable, His lack of intervention hurtful, and His promises doubtful?
Lysa TerKeurst unveils her heart amid shattering circumstances and shows readers how to live assured when life doesn't turn out like they expected.
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of Gods goodness.
Lysa understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
In this six-session video Bible study, Lysa offers a safe place to share your disappointments, fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living in between Eden and eternity.
- The Birthplace of Disappointment (27 min)
- Living Between Two Gardens (17 min)
- Problems Placed On Us and Problems Within Us (17 min)
- The Four Steps of Restoration (14 min)
- When the Enemy Comes Against Us (15 min)
- Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused (20 min)
This pack contains:
- Its Not Supposed to Be This Way Study Guide
- Its Not Supposed to Be This Way Video Study DVD
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Its Not Supposed to Be This Way, Uninvited, and The Best Yes. She writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com.