He is Not Silent: Preaching in a Postmodern World - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
"Contemporary preaching suffers from a loss of confidence in the power of the Word, from an infatuation with technology, from an embarrassment before the biblical text, from an evacuation of biblical content, from a focus on felt needs, from an absence of gospel." Preaching, the practice of publicly expositing the Bible, has fallen on hard times. How did this happen? After all, as John A. Broadus famously remarked, "Preaching is characteristic of Christianity." In this powerful book, He Is Not Silent: Preaching in a Postmodern World, R. Albert Mohler Jr. shows us how. In a style both commanding and encouraging, Mohler lays the groundwork for preaching, fans the flame on the glory of preaching, and calls out with an urgent need for preaching. This message is desperately needed yet not often heard. Whether you're concerned or enthused by the state of the church today, join Mohler as he examines preaching and why the church can't survive without it.
R. ALBERT MOHLER, JR. is the ninth president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He also serves as a professor of Christian theology and editor-in-chief of the Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. Mohler is the author of He is Not Silent, Culture Shift, and Desire and Deceit. He lives in Louisville, Kentucky with his wife and two children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Preaching
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching