Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Not God Enough: Why Your Small God Leads to Big Problems - eBook|
By: J.D. Greear
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2018
Stock No: WW93039EB
Your God is too small.
We like God small. We prefer a God who is safe, domesticated, who thinks like we think, likes what we like, and whom we can manage, predict, and control. A small God is convenient. Practical. Manageable.
The truth: God is big. Bigger than big. Bigger than all the words we use to say big.
Ironically, many today seem turned off by the concept of an awesome, terrifyingly great God. We assume that a God you would need to fear is guilty of some kind of fault. For us, thinking of God as so infinitely greater and wiser than we are and who would cause us to tremble in his presence is a leftover relic from an oppressive, archaic view of religion.
But what if this small version of God weve created is holding us back from the greatest experience of our livesfrom genuine, confident, world-transforming faith?
In Not God Enough, J.D. reveals how to discover a God who:
- is big enough to handle your questions, doubts, and fears
- is not silent
- is worthy of worship
- wants to take you from boring to bold in your faith
- has a purpose and mission for you on earth
- is pursuing you right now
God is not just a slightly better, slightly smarter version of you. God is infinite and glorious, and an encounter with Him wont just change the way you think about your faith. Itll change your entire life.
J.D. Greear is pastor of The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, and the 62nd president of the Southern Baptist Convention. The Summit Church has been ranked by Outreach Magazine as one of the fastest-growing churches in the United States, with a weekly attendance of over 10,000. Greear has a Ph.D. in systematic theology from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of many books, including Gaining by Losing, Jesus Continued, and Not God Enough. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with his wife, Veronica, and their four children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality