Add To Cart
Add To Cart
NKJV Scofield Study Bible, Reader's Edition, Genuine leather, Burgundy--Indexed
The New King James Version, Reader's Edition, which represents a quantum leap in the development of the respected Scofield® Study Bible, combines a popular modern Bible translation with the highly-regarded Scofield® study system. The new edition includes a host of useful features that are sure to enhance the augmentation (not revision) of this renowned one-volume resource, thereby broadening its readership.Special features:
- An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system for following major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture
- Over 100 factual articles, charts, and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips
- Expanded introductions that include detailed outlines of each book
- Study note biblical references in the familiar, "chapter-and-verse" format
- Bottom-of-the-page study notes that permit quick retrieval of interesting data
- A striking page design and easy-to-read typeface
- In-text black and white maps that orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text
- Notes crucial to understanding the Scofield are formatted as accessible, in-text articles
- Sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history
- 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world
- Presentation page
- Family record pages
- Double-column format
- Side-column references
- Words of Christ in red
- In-text maps & charts
- 9 point text
- 8 point notes
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Index to Chain References
- Index to Proper Names
- Concise NKJV Concordance
- Index to Color Maps
- 9 1/2" x 6 3/4" x 1 1/2"
- Gilded page edges
- Ribbon marker
- Thumb indexed
- Burgundy Genuine leather
|Format: Genuine Leather|
Number of Pages: 1,792
Vendor: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 2002
Dimensions: 9.5 X 6.75 X 1.75 (inches)
References: Center Column
|Text Layout: Double Column|In-Text Maps/Charts|
Text Color: Red Letter
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 8 Point
Thumb Index: Yes
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
NIV Scofield Study Bible III Bonded Leather Black, Indexed 1984Oxford University Press / 2004 / Bonded Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 42 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)
NKJV Scofield Study Bible, Reader's Edition, Genuine leather, Black Thumb-IndexedOxford University Press / 2002 / Genuine Leather$41.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 96 Reviews
$59.99Save 30% ($18.00)
NKJV Scoffield Study Bible III, Basketweave BK/BG, Bonded Leather, Thumb-IndexedOxford University Press / 2004 / Bonded Leather$34.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 96 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)
Bound in beautiful burgundy genuine leather, this style features sewn pages, gold page edges & fillet, 1 ribbon marker, Presentation Page & Family Record, a gift box, and helpful thumb-indexing. This bible also comes in a protective two-piece box.
The New King James Version, Reader's Edition includes: An exclusive subject-based topical chain reference system for following major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture; over 100 factual articles, charts, and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips; expanded introductions that include detailed outlines of each book; study note biblical references in the familiar, "chapter-and-verse" format; bottom-of-the-page study notes that permit quick retrieval of interesting data; a striking page design and easy-to-read typeface; in-text black-and-white maps that orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text; notes crucial to understanding the Scofield® are formatted as accessible, in-text articles; sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history; and, there are 16 pages of accurate, full-color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world.
* An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system.
* Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists.
* Expanded introductions with detailed outlines of each book.
* An expanded Subject index.
* Study not biblical references are in "chapter-and-verse" format.
* Side-column references are grouped by chapter and verse.
* Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns for people and place names.
* Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts.
* In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield®.
* Indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
* 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features).
* Bottom-of-the-page study notes.
* Sectional headings.
* Select NKJV Concordance.
gregturner1 Stars Out Of 5A bit disappointed.April 15, 2018gregturnerQuality: 2Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2Content is very well put together. Great references and notes. Quite disappointing because my wife and I have had these less than a month and pages are beginning to fall out.
Wagonmaster5 Stars Out Of 5NKJV Scofield study bibleDecember 25, 2017WagonmasterQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Its only flaw is that the pages are thin making it hard to turn to the next page. Often turn 2-3 pages at the same time. Noticing that the gold on the edges of the pages come off early.
baptisttom2 Stars Out Of 5Not your grandpas ScofieldNovember 27, 2017baptisttomQuality: 2Value: 2Meets Expectations: 1Ive used a Scofield bible for almost 40 years. As far as the newer layout and content, i have no problem with. What I do object to, is the stiff cover that Oxford tries to pass off as Genuine Leather. Im not sure any amount of use will loosen this thing up. Also, come on, Oxford. You can produce this bible without a thumb index. Not everyone wants that feature.
So, is it an ok bible? Yes, but just ok.
Shelly5 Stars Out Of 5excellent Bible purchaseJuly 28, 2017ShellyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I was overwhelmingly thrilled with the NKJV Scofield study Bible. The leather is soft and genuine, the thumb index is convenient, the gold-edged paper is shiny and perfect, and the ribbon is thick, high-grade satin ribbon. I would not only recommend this edition for the excellent price but have to five people already! Also the name printed on the front is perfect.
J Faulkner4 Stars Out Of 5basketweaveJune 25, 2017J FaulknerQuality: 3Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4I have had this Bible in the NIV and the KJV and wore them both out.The quality looks great when you buy it but,after some use,the weave part of the cover begins to deteriorate.Nevertheless,with care,it is well worth buying.Very nice Scofield.
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Does this Bible have a sewn binding or is it glued?
This Bible has a sewn binding.