The New King James Version, Reader's Edition, which represents a quantum leap in the development of the respected Scofield Study Bible, combines a popular modern Bible translation with the highly-regarded Scofield study system. The new edition includes a host of useful features that are sure to enhance the augmentation (not revision) of this renowned one-volume resource, thereby broadening its readership.Special features:
- An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system for following major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture
- Over 100 factual articles, charts, and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips
- Expanded introductions that include detailed outlines of each book
- Study note biblical references in the familiar, "chapter-and-verse" format
- Bottom-of-the-page study notes that permit quick retrieval of interesting data
- A striking page design and easy-to-read typeface
- In-text black and white maps that orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text
- Notes crucial to understanding the Scofield are formatted as accessible, in-text articles
- Sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history
- 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world
- Presentation page
- Family record pages
- Double-column format
- Side-column references
- Words of Christ in red
- In-text maps & charts
- 9 point text
- 8 point notes
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Index to Chain References
- Index to Proper Names
- Concise NKJV Concordance
- Index to Color Maps
- 9 1/2" x 6 3/4" x 1 1/2"
- Gilded page edges
- Ribbon marker
- Zipper closure
- Bound in black leather-like Duradera®
Packed with new supplementary materials, each Scofield® Study Bible is durable and made to withstand daily use. Each bible includes a presentation page for gift giving, a full-color map section, and attractive binding in a variety of styles tailored to any occasion. Clean, clear text and annotations are laid out in an easy-to-read format, making this the perfect bible for personal study and gift-giving. This bible also comes in a protective two-piece box.
This edition, bound in black Duradera®, combines the renowned Scofield® study notes and reference system with the New King James Version, one of the most popular modern Bible translations available. But that's not all: The fruit of Dr. C. I. Scofield's thoughtful annotations have been augmented (not revised) to broaden modern readers' understanding of the scripture.
Enhanced book introductions, accurate in-text maps, authoritative full color maps, and page bottom notes place the biblical text in its fullest political, historical and geographical context.
* An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system.
* Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists.
* Expanded introductions with detailed outlines of each book.
* An expanded Subject index.
* Study not biblical references are in "chapter-and-verse" format.
* Side-column references are grouped by chapter and verse.
* Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns for people and place names.
* Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts.
* In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield®.
* Indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
* 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features).
* Bottom-of-the-page study notes.
* Sectional headings.
* Select NKJV Concordance.