Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Spring Super Sale
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible: Unpacking God's Story, Book By Book
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible is an all-new NIV study Bible—designed for the 21st century and built on the truth of Scripture and centered on the gospel message.
An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. D. A. Carson—along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives—crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of God's special revelation in the Scriptures. It clarifies themes, reviews the progressive acts of God, and gleans theological analysis from biblical revelation.
Use the NIV Zondervan Study Bible to
- Receive insight into God’s Word from more than 60 trusted contributors
- Explore a library of 28 relevant and theologically rich articles by award-winning authors such as Tim Keller, Kevin DeYoung, and Bruce Waltke
- Enjoy ease of reading with this single-column layout with black-letter throughout
- Access free digital online resources to take your study Bible with you wherever you go
- Enrich your study with hundreds of full-color photos, more than 90 maps, and over 60 charts
- Dig more deeply into God’s Word with nearly 20,000 all-new verse-by-verse study notes
- Understand the context, purpose, and theme of every book and major section of the Bible with comprehensive introductions
- Investigate the connectedness of Scripture with cross-references, indexes, and the NIV Concordance
- Presentation page
- 8-point Bible text size, 6.5-point notes text size
- 9.50" x 6.50" x 2.75"
Number of Pages: 2880
Publication Date: 2015
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.50 X 2.75 (inches)
Text Layout: Single Column
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 8 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
- Super Sale
- Super Sale
NIV Zondervan Study Bible, Imitation Leather, Pink/Brown IndexedZondervan / 2016 / Imitation Leather$49.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$89.99Save 44% ($40.00)
NIV Zondervan Study Bible--bonded leather, black (indexed)D. A. CarsonZondervan / 2015 / Bonded Leather$44.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 45 Reviews Video
$89.99Save 50% ($45.00)
"This NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a tremendous tool for informed Bible reading and study. I highly recommend this publication." Tim Keller, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City
"Let the NIV Zondervan Study Bible equip you for more faithful theological thinking and doctrinal integrity." R. Albert Mohler, Jr., President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, featuring Dr. D. A. Carson as general editor, is built on the truth of Scripture and centered on the gospel message. An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. Carson, with committee members Dr. T. Desmond Alexander, Dr. Richard S. Hess, Dr. Douglas J. Moo, and Dr. Andrew David Naselli, along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives, crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of Gods special revelation in the Scriptures. To further aid the readers understanding of the Bible, also included are full-color maps, charts, photos and diagrams. In addition, a single-column setting of the Bible text provides maximum readability.
The accessible and fresh interior design will capture your attention and enhance your study experience. Along with your purchase, youll also receive free electronic access to the NIV Zondervan Study Bible.
D. A. Carson (PhD, Cambridge University) is research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois, where he has taught since 1978. He is co-founder (with Tim Keller) of the Gospel Coalition, and has written or edited nearly 60 books. He has served as a pastor and is an active guest lecturer in church and academic settings around the world.
Richard Hess (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is Earl S. Kalland professor of Old Testament and Semitic Languages, Denver Seminary.
Douglas J. Moo (PhD, University of St. Andrews) is the Kenneth T. Wessner Professor of New Testament at Wheaton College. His work centers on understanding the text of the New Testament and its application today. He has written extensively in several commentary series, including the NIV Application Commentary, Pillar Commentary, Tyndale New Testament Commentary, and the New International Commentary on the New Testament.
Andrew David Naselli (PhD, Bob Jones University; PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is research manager for D. A. Carson and administrator of the journal Themelios. He has taught New Testament Greek at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and he currently teaches exegesis and theology as adjunct faculty at several seminaries. He is the author of Let Go and Let God? A Survey and Analysis of Keswick Theology.
Praise for the NIV Zondervan Study Bible▼▲
"This NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a tremendous tool for informed Bible reading and study. The notes are written by the best assembly I've seen of faithful, international scholars. I highly recommend this publication."
Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City
"The NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a magnificent achievement. The illustrations are stunning and the maps are expertly done. Most important, the content in both the articles and the commentary is superb. Every Bible reader and person in ministry should turn to it often for help."
Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner,
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
"This is a Study Bible like no other! Hess and Alexander on Genesis. Waltke on Proverbs. Carson on the Gospel of John. Moo on Romans. Introductions. Notes explaining "what this means" and tracking the Bible's own developing themes. About 30 essays on major biblical themes. Historical guides. A distinctive biblical-theological approach. Deeply informed throughout. What more could we want? It's not every study Bible that brings a layman-accessible seminary education with it, but this one surely does. It does not take a prophet to predict that many who do not already use the NIV will begin using it now just because of the learning this Study Bible delivers."
Calvary Baptist Seminary
Reformed Baptist Church of Franconia, PA
"With brand-new notes and maps, pictures of the land and artifacts, and more thorough introductions to the biblical books, this interactive Bible will serve a new generation of serious Bible readers in a whole new way. I can't wait to get mine."
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
"Written by a noted and trustworthy team of scholars, the NIV Zondervan Study Bible offers valuable insight at every turn."
Asbury Theological Seminary
"The new NIV Zondervan Study Bible has exhibited precisely those kinds of helps a Bible reader would hope to find to aid one's understanding and appreciation for what the Bible teaches. This Study Bible has all the marks of greatness about it, both in its introductory articles and the accompanying notes, pictures, and graphs. The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, under D. A. Carson, has assembled some of the best Biblical interpreters and teachers to explain any places where the average reader of the Scriptures would need help to make the reading and study of the text more pleasurable and insightful. Here is one of the great tools that will help reduce and eradicate the poverty of Biblical knowledge and increase the appreciation of God's word in all of its power for life today."
Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.,
President-Emeritus Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
"Don Carson and the whole team deserve our congratulations. The notes and articles of the NIV Zondervan Study Bible are helpful, thorough, and readable, and the maps and artwork are beautiful. I am particularly grateful for the writers' emphasis on Biblical Theology and the unity of the Bible."
Paul R. House,
Professor of Divinity, Beeson Divinity School of Samford University
"With a treasure trove of fair-minded introductions to biblical books and themes, accessible verse-by-verse commentary by a stellar cast of experts, and a reliable series of articles on the gospel-shape of all Scripture, the NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a uniquely important resource to add to your collection."
The Rev'd Dr John P. Dickson,
Founding Director, Centre for Public Christianity
Kevin S.1 Stars Out Of 5You would be well advised to stay clear of this purchase.March 9, 2018Kevin S.Quality: 2Value: 2Meets Expectations: 1This is not a good value. Specifically, the paper is so thin "ghosting" (bleed through from the opposite page) is a problem with readability. Additionally, the print runs to the edge of the page to the extent that it is difficult to read the text/notes in the book's gutter. As a result, note taking on that inside portion of the page is out of the question.
This Bible does have beautifully presented maps and photos throughout. With that said, for the first time in 20+ years of doing business with ChristianBook.com I'm returning this product.
rickydeeAge: 55-65Gender: Male5 Stars Out Of 5superbFebruary 11, 2018rickydeeAge: 55-65Gender: MaleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Superb study Bible -- my only compliant is that it is so large that it is hard to read the printing close to the spine.
Ruth4 Stars Out Of 5Great Bible, Not Large PrintFebruary 9, 2018RuthQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Everything is great on this Bible but the text size is not what i would call large. I understand that a larger text size would make the Bible much larger and heavier. Those buy it should buy a magnifier sheet that CBD sells.
Jamie MGender: Male4 Stars Out Of 5Good Study Bible, But the NIV Study Bible is BetterDecember 20, 2017Jamie MGender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3This review is for the NIV Zondervan Study Bible (NIVZSB) Large-Print, Soft Leather-Look, Chocolate/Caramel. I've only had this Study Bible for a couple of weeks but wanted to provide my initial observations and hope they will prove helpful to other customers.
1. The NIVZSB arrived promptly and in perfect condition. Christianbook.com is first-rate when it comes to packaging and shipping and their pricing is unbeatable. Keep up the good work!
2. PROS: Zondervan as usual has done a tremendous job assembling this study Bible and should be commended for the quality and care that continues to go into designing and manufacturing their products.
- Attractive, durable, easy-to-open box. A great way to store your study Bible when not in use.
- Beautiful cover, but if you prefer soft leather you'll want to buy the premium leather ebony edition.
- This is a BIG Bible! I like it because I don't plan on carrying it to church but reading at home.
- Smyth-sewn binding is top-notch and lays perfectly flat right out of the box.
- Bright, high-quality paper.
- Bible text is line-matched on both sides of the page to reduce ghosting and make it easier to read.
- Font size is 9.5 (text) and 8 (study notes), same size as the standard-print NIV Study Bible.
- This edition has PLENTY of white margin space for note taking, especially in the Psalms.
- FULL color, 60 charts, 90 maps, hundreds of photos throughout the text.
- Solid evangelical contributors to the study notes and articles.
- Study notes emphasize biblical theology (inductive) vs. systematic theology (deductive). Both are important ways of approaching the text.
3. CONS: Before mentioning let me just say that no one study Bible is perfect, and there will always be something that a student of the Word would want to have or like to have included that isn't. If you're new to the study Bible scene, you should know that Zondervan also produces the best-selling NIV Study Bible (2011) which has been in print since 1985 and over the decades has continued to be improved, revised and expanded. It too comes in FULL color. If you're on a limited budget or looking to purchase your first-ever study Bible, you may want to consider the NIV Study Bible over the NIV Zondervan Study Bible for the following reasons:
- This large-print edition is NOT large print! Again, it's the same size as the standard-print NIV Study Bible.
- It's a way BIGGER Bible. Almost the size of a full sheet of paper, except it's 3 inches thick! A full 1-inch taller and 1/2-inch wider and thicker than the NIV Study Bible.
- The narrow font used for the Bible text is not my favorite. The NIV Study Bible has a much nicer, readable font.
- Single column text. Might be a PRO to some but I'm used to the double-column format.
- The NIVZSB has 35,000 cross references. Which is great, except the NIV Study Bible has 100,000.
- The NIVZSB does not have as many practical maps, charts and diagrams as does the NIV Study Bible.
- The study notes are comparable to the NIV Study Bible: more helpful in some areas, less helpful in others.
- The NIVZSB is more academic in its approach; the NIV Study Bible more practical.
- The NIVZSB is more Reformed/Calvinist in its theology; the NIV Study Bible a broader evangelical theology.
- This NIVSB has the same theological profile as the ESV Study Bible and shares many of its features. This new offering by Zondervan seems to be their answer to the overwhelming success of the ESV Study Bible, with the exception of its emphasis on biblical (vs. systematic) theology. The video by Don Carson suggests the NIVZSB is complementary to the ESV Study Bible in this regard.
In short, the NIVZSB is a well-made study Bible worthy of use, but for me personally it will not serve as my primary study Bible. In terms of practicality and overall helpfulness, the NIV Study Bible (2011) is definitely the better choice in my opinion and will continue to be my go-to study Bible. If you do intend on purchasing the NIVZSB, trust me, even if you have good eyesight you will want to get the large print edition.
LoreneArizonaAge: 55-65Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Good Study BibleNovember 28, 2017LoreneArizonaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0I only gave this an "average" because the "large print" was not as large as my husband had hoped for. I haven't heard too much back on the "study" aspect of the Bible yet. He hasn't had it long enough for me to hear any feedback on that.