- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible is an all-new NIV study Bible—designed for the 21st century and built on the truth of Scripture and centered on the gospel message.
An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. D. A. Carson—along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives—crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of God's special revelation in the Scriptures. It clarifies themes, reviews the progressive acts of God, and gleans theological analysis from biblical revelation.
To further aid your understanding of the Bible, the NIV Zondervan Study Bible features
- An accessible and fresh interior design that enhances your study experience
- A single-column setting of the Bible text providing maximum readability
- Full-color maps, charts, photos and diagrams
- Study notes
- Book introductions
- Cross-reference system
Includes free electronic online access to the NIV Zondervan Study Bible.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Text Layout: Single Column
Text Color: Black Letter
NIV Zondervan Study Bible--soft leather-look, chocolate/caramelD. A. CarsonZondervan / 2015 / Imitation Leather$53.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 44 Reviews Video
$79.99Save 33% ($26.00)
NIV Zondervan Study Bible--bonded leather, burgundy (indexed)D. A. CarsonZondervan / 2015 / Bonded Leather$58.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 44 Reviews Video
$89.99Save 35% ($31.50)
"This NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a tremendous tool for informed Bible reading and study. I highly recommend this publication." Tim Keller, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City
"Let the NIV Zondervan Study Bible equip you for more faithful theological thinking and doctrinal integrity." R. Albert Mohler, Jr., President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
The NIV Zondervan Study Bible, featuring Dr. D. A. Carson as general editor, is built on the truth of Scripture and centered on the gospel message. An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. Carson, with committee members Dr. T. Desmond Alexander, Dr. Richard S. Hess, Dr. Douglas J. Moo, and Dr. Andrew David Naselli, along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives, crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of Gods special revelation in the Scriptures. To further aid the readers understanding of the Bible, also included are full-color maps, charts, photos and diagrams. In addition, a single-column setting of the Bible text provides maximum readability.8.9-point type size
Richard Hess (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is Earl S. Kalland professor of Old Testament and Semitic Languages, Denver Seminary.
Douglas J. Moo (PhD, University of St. Andrews) is the Kenneth T. Wessner Professor of New Testament at Wheaton College. His work centers on understanding the text of the New Testament and its application today. He has written extensively in several commentary series, including the NIV Application Commentary, Pillar Commentary, Tyndale New Testament Commentary, and the New International Commentary on the New Testament.
Praise for the NIV Zondervan Study Bible▼▲
"This NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a tremendous tool for informed Bible reading and study. The notes are written by the best assembly I've seen of faithful, international scholars. I highly recommend this publication."
Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York City
"The NIV Zondervan Study Bible is a magnificent achievement. The illustrations are stunning and the maps are expertly done. Most important, the content in both the articles and the commentary is superb. Every Bible reader and person in ministry should turn to it often for help."
Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner,
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
"This is a Study Bible like no other! Hess and Alexander on Genesis. Waltke on Proverbs. Carson on the Gospel of John. Moo on Romans. Introductions. Notes explaining "what this means" and tracking the Bible's own developing themes. About 30 essays on major biblical themes. Historical guides. A distinctive biblical-theological approach. Deeply informed throughout. What more could we want? It's not every study Bible that brings a layman-accessible seminary education with it, but this one surely does. It does not take a prophet to predict that many who do not already use the NIV will begin using it now just because of the learning this Study Bible delivers."
Calvary Baptist Seminary
Reformed Baptist Church of Franconia, PA
"With brand-new notes and maps, pictures of the land and artifacts, and more thorough introductions to the biblical books, this interactive Bible will serve a new generation of serious Bible readers in a whole new way. I can't wait to get mine."
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
"Written by a noted and trustworthy team of scholars, the NIV Zondervan Study Bible offers valuable insight at every turn."
Asbury Theological Seminary
rickydeeAge: 55-65Gender: Male5 Stars Out Of 5superbFebruary 11, 2018rickydeeAge: 55-65Gender: MaleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0Superb study Bible -- my only compliant is that it is so large that it is hard to read the printing close to the spine.
Ruth4 Stars Out Of 5Great Bible, Not Large PrintFebruary 9, 2018RuthQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Everything is great on this Bible but the text size is not what i would call large. I understand that a larger text size would make the Bible much larger and heavier. Those buy it should buy a magnifier sheet that CBD sells.
Jamie MGender: Male4 Stars Out Of 5Good Study Bible, But the NIV Study Bible is BetterDecember 20, 2017Jamie MGender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3This review is for the NIV Zondervan Study Bible (NIVZSB) Large-Print, Soft Leather-Look, Chocolate/Caramel. I've only had this Study Bible for a couple of weeks but wanted to provide my initial observations and hope they will prove helpful to other customers.
1. The NIVZSB arrived promptly and in perfect condition. Christianbook.com is first-rate when it comes to packaging and shipping and their pricing is unbeatable. Keep up the good work!
2. PROS: Zondervan as usual has done a tremendous job assembling this study Bible and should be commended for the quality and care that continues to go into designing and manufacturing their products.
- Attractive, durable, easy-to-open box. A great way to store your study Bible when not in use.
- Beautiful cover, but if you prefer soft leather you'll want to buy the premium leather ebony edition.
- This is a BIG Bible! I like it because I don't plan on carrying it to church but reading at home.
- Smyth-sewn binding is top-notch and lays perfectly flat right out of the box.
- Bright, high-quality paper.
- Bible text is line-matched on both sides of the page to reduce ghosting and make it easier to read.
- Font size is 9.5 (text) and 8 (study notes), same size as the standard-print NIV Study Bible.
- This edition has PLENTY of white margin space for note taking, especially in the Psalms.
- FULL color, 60 charts, 90 maps, hundreds of photos throughout the text.
- Solid evangelical contributors to the study notes and articles.
- Study notes emphasize biblical theology (inductive) vs. systematic theology (deductive). Both are important ways of approaching the text.
3. CONS: Before mentioning let me just say that no one study Bible is perfect, and there will always be something that a student of the Word would want to have or like to have included that isn't. If you're new to the study Bible scene, you should know that Zondervan also produces the best-selling NIV Study Bible (2011) which has been in print since 1985 and over the decades has continued to be improved, revised and expanded. It too comes in FULL color. If you're on a limited budget or looking to purchase your first-ever study Bible, you may want to consider the NIV Study Bible over the NIV Zondervan Study Bible for the following reasons:
- This large-print edition is NOT large print! Again, it's the same size as the standard-print NIV Study Bible.
- It's a way BIGGER Bible. Almost the size of a full sheet of paper, except it's 3 inches thick! A full 1-inch taller and 1/2-inch wider and thicker than the NIV Study Bible.
- The narrow font used for the Bible text is not my favorite. The NIV Study Bible has a much nicer, readable font.
- Single column text. Might be a PRO to some but I'm used to the double-column format.
- The NIVZSB has 35,000 cross references. Which is great, except the NIV Study Bible has 100,000.
- The NIVZSB does not have as many practical maps, charts and diagrams as does the NIV Study Bible.
- The study notes are comparable to the NIV Study Bible: more helpful in some areas, less helpful in others.
- The NIVZSB is more academic in its approach; the NIV Study Bible more practical.
- The NIVZSB is more Reformed/Calvinist in its theology; the NIV Study Bible a broader evangelical theology.
- This NIVSB has the same theological profile as the ESV Study Bible and shares many of its features. This new offering by Zondervan seems to be their answer to the overwhelming success of the ESV Study Bible, with the exception of its emphasis on biblical (vs. systematic) theology. The video by Don Carson suggests the NIVZSB is complementary to the ESV Study Bible in this regard.
In short, the NIVZSB is a well-made study Bible worthy of use, but for me personally it will not serve as my primary study Bible. In terms of practicality and overall helpfulness, the NIV Study Bible (2011) is definitely the better choice in my opinion and will continue to be my go-to study Bible. If you do intend on purchasing the NIVZSB, trust me, even if you have good eyesight you will want to get the large print edition.
LoreneArizonaAge: 55-65Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5Good Study BibleNovember 28, 2017LoreneArizonaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0I only gave this an "average" because the "large print" was not as large as my husband had hoped for. I haven't heard too much back on the "study" aspect of the Bible yet. He hasn't had it long enough for me to hear any feedback on that.
TrailblazerNortheastAge: Over 65Gender: Male3 Stars Out Of 5Very DisappointingNovember 19, 2017TrailblazerNortheastAge: Over 65Gender: MaleQuality: 4Value: 3Meets Expectations: 3I waited quite some time for this to be released and then when I finally purchased on it was a disappointment. The notes had no passion to them and I found them general as opposed to specific compared to the Original NIV Study Bible and others. I tried reading it over and over again with no success so finally gave it to a church library. So far no one to my knowledge is using it either.