NIV Women Of Faith Study Bible, Paperback 1984
Email me when this product is available.
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Key Features of the NIV Women of Faith Study Bible:
- Study Notes. Over 1,700 study notes shed light on the setting, meaning and application of specific passages or themes. Over 200 quotes of women of the past and present are quoted—from historic writers and poets such as Catherine of Siena and Elizabeth Barrett Browning to Women of Faith speakers/authors Patsy Clairmont, Barbara Johnson, Marilyn Meberg, Luci Swindoll, Sheila Walsh, and Thelma Wells.
- Character Sketches. Full-page articles describe the challenges and opportunities of over 75 women of the Bible. Learn from both the good and the not-so-good responses of these women to their situations and God’s working in their lives.
- “Enjoying God” Studies. For use individually or in a small group, these 52 studies explore key passages that reveal deep meaning and application for you as a woman today.
- Book Introductions highlight the actions of the women in each book, give pertinent background information, and list all the women who occur in that book.
- Women in Jesus’ Family Tree. God’s careful selection of women in the Messianic line will inspire hope and purpose for your own life.
- New International Version. Most read, most trusted translation.
- Comprehensive Study Helps. A concordance, reference system, and color maps help you get the most out of your Bible studies.
- The NIV Women of Faith Study Bible is a guide you can trust. Filled with insight, it helps you connect with women of the past, present, and future, and it will lead you to new insight as you continue your own journey as a woman of faith.
- Presentation page
- 8.5 point text
- Single-column text
- Side-column notes
- Side-column references
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Timeline of Women of the Bible
- The Genealogy of Jesus
- Jesus and New Testament Women
- Dictionary of NIV Terms
- 16 pages of full-color maps
- Index to Maps
Number of Pages: 2187
Publication Date: 2001
Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.5 X 1.75 (inches)
References: Side Column
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 9 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
"Written for todays Christian woman, the NIV Women of Faith Study Bible aims to help women: discover how women in biblical times handled struggles similar to those we face today; gain confidence in Christs message of grace and freedom; and celebrate their unique, God-given womanhood. Through this unique Bible, women will be able to remove barriers between themselves and God to experience His liberating grace and wonderful love. Features include: • Over 1,700 study notes • Character Sketches of over 75 women of the Bible • "Enjoying God" Studies that reveal deep meanings and applications • Book Introductions exploring the actions of and pertinent information about women in each Bible book • Women in Jesus Family Tree sections examining a careful selection of women in the Messianic line • Comprehensive Study Helps including a concordance, center-column reference system, and color maps The NIV Women of Faith Study Bible is a guide women can trust. Filled with enriching insights, it will help them connect with women of the past, present, and future. "
Jean E. Syswerda is a former editor and associate publisher for Zondervan Bibles. She helped produce such bestselling Bibles as the NIV Womens Devotional Bible. General editor of the Women of Faith Study Bible and A Mom's Ordinary Day Bible Study Series, she is the author of the Women's Devotional Guide to the Bible and coauthor of the bestselling Read With Me Bible. Jean and her husband, John, have three children and eight grandchildren. They live in Allendale, Michigan.
Steve Logan5 Stars Out Of 5Highly recommended.March 11, 2016Steve LoganQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Great bible for any fan of the Women of Faith. Got this for my wife as a Valentine's Day gift and she loves it. I also had her name imprinted on it and that turned out very well, too. This is a very enjoyable bible to read because the print is very clear and the font is a good, comfortable size. It isn't a red-letter edition and is black text only but that didn't matter to my wife at all. I highly recommend this bible because of the good quality and the price is very reasonable.
Jo5 Stars Out Of 5women of faith study bibleDecember 1, 2014JoQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have had this Bible for about 12 years now. I love reading it and the messages that are written on the outer columns. I have other Bibles that I use also, but this is the one that I love to just read. I am involved in various studies as a participant and as leader. I recommend this NIV to the young Christian Woman. The outer columns are both helpful and understandable to the new or young Christian Woman. I highly recommend this NIV Bible.
sugatimeBrooklyn NYAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5God SentAugust 21, 2013sugatimeBrooklyn NYAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I had this book in a soft cover and it was so wonderful and I carried it so much that it literally fell apart on me. The hard copy is just what I needed.BBesides the obvious need and function, it gives so many other highlights and information on the side lines, that you get such a full understanding of the depth of whats going. Keeps everything you are reading in perspective!! LOVE IT!!
Esther5 Stars Out Of 5November 7, 2012EstherQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have been looking for this bible at every christian book store since the one I had was stolen from my truck. I really like the background of the main characters and its very pretty.
mollyBend OregonAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This product has great featuresMay 16, 2012mollyBend OregonAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I enjoy this Bible so much because of the Bible Study and the explanation it gives of bible verses on the sides of the pages. It gives you a better understanding of the verse. Also this bible give encouraging mini inserts through out the bible. Also I like the paper the bible is made of. I like the paper back cover.
Q: Paperback verses Hardback Has anyone purchased the paperback? does it stay open like a hard back? will it last? is it flimsy?
Paper back books are going to be the most susceptible to physical abuse since there is nothing protecting the contents. Generally they do not stay open as well as other bindings due to lack of a differentiation from the cover and the pages, and the bindings are almost never sewn which also hinders the Bible laying flat.
Put simply, if the Bible is seen as something to be kept and cherished for years, it is an investment to get a more sturdy binding. If the Bible is seen as a commodity that can easily be replaced or discarded, the cost of the paper back is more economical.