- Helps & Features▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Edited by award-winning authors Philip Yancey and Tim Stafford, this Bible enables you to understand what you read, find the topics you're looking for, and make real progress in your studies.
The newest feature is called the "Guided Tour," in which Philip Yancey takes the reader through the Bible, highlighting important passages that show the interconnectedness of the Biblical narrative from Genesis to Revelation. In Yancey's words, the goal of the authors and editors of this Bible is "Not to get the reader into the Bible, but to get the Bible into the reader."
The NIV Student Bible addresses the three most common complaints about the Bible:
- "I can't understand it." The NIV Student Bible makes it easy to understand what you read. In-text "Insights" and "Highlights" explain and help you think about what the Bible is saying. Profiles introduce you to "100 People You Should Know."
- "I can't find it." The "Where to Find It" reference section guides you comfortably around the Bible and supplies you with accessible definitions and important information.
- "The Bible is too big and intimidating." The "Guided Tour" offers an enriching six-month walk through the Bible, with devotional stops at significant points of interest. Or set your own pace with the two other options in the 3-track Reading Program, offering two-week or three-year reading plans.
- Book introductions and overviews summarize the content and point out important facts, themes and characters for each book of the Bible
- Updated subject guide points to the Bible's message on topics of interest
- Updated glossary of non biblical people and places
- Ministry of Jesus, Miracles of Jesus, Parables of Jesus and other useful indexes
- Timeline of Old Testament History
- "Lineup of Rulers" outlines the rulers of Israel and Judah
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Presentation Page
- Two-Column format
- Black letter edition
- Full color maps with index
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Text Color: Black Letter
NIV Student Bible, Compact, Italian Duo-Tone, Concrete/FatigueZondervan / 2011 / Imitation Leather$29.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews Video
$39.99Save 25% ($10.00)
"With over six million sold, the classic, best-selling NIV Student Bible has been redesigned and updated, ready to light a spark in the hearts of todays students. In the Guided Tour, Philip Yancey takes readers on a journey through the Bible, highlighting important passages that show how the Bible is connected from Genesis all the way to Revelation.
As you might suspect, the three most common complaints about Bible reading are: "I can't understand it," "I can't find it," and "Its too big and intimidating." The NIV Student Bible is specifically designed to help readers overcome these obstacles with the Subject Guide, Highlights and Insights, and 3-Track reading plan.
Youll find wonderful, insightful contributions from celebrated author, Philip Yancey. Philip serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine and has thirteen Gold Medallion Award- winning books as well as two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew.
This edition includes many features to help you navigate and understand the Scriptures:
• Complete NIV text • Three-track reading plan • Book introductions and overviews • Insights provide background information on key passages • Guided Tours • Highlights that explain confusing verses and offer interesting facts • Personal profiles on 100 People You Should Know • Indexes, glossaries, and study aids • Subject guide • Eight pages of maps with index
The NIV Student Bible is full of valuable lessons for anyone willing to open their heart to Gods truth. Order a copy for you or the student in your life today.
This Bible offers supplemental information on the following topics: Ambition, Assurance of salvation, Comfort, Conversion, Eternal life, Faith, Family, Forgiveness, Guilt, Heaven, Holy Spirit, Joy, Love, Mercy, Money, Peace, Power, Repentance, Salvation, Sex, Success, Temptation, Unity, Will of God, Work, and more"
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Learn more at philipyancey.com
Tim Stafford is Senior Writer for Christianity Today and the author of more than thirty books including The Student Bible (with Philip Yancey). His most recent publications are Miracles: A Journalist Looks at Modern-Day Experiences of God's Power, and Birmingham (a novel). Tim and his wife, Popie, have three children and live in Santa Rosa, California.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bibles >> Download >> eBooks
- Bibles >> Student & Teens >> Student Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Student & Teens >> Bibles >> Student Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Bibles
- Download >> eBooks >> Bibles >> Student & Teens >> Student Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Bibles >> Student Bible
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Bibles >> Student Bible