Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Experience the Bible through the eyes of a first-century disciple by exploring the cultural, religious, and historical background of the Bible. This Bible allows you to understand God’s Word in its original cultural context, bringing Scripture to life by providing fresh understanding to familiar passages, beloved stories and all the Scripture in between.
The NIV First-Century Study Bible invites you into the questions, stories, and interpretations—both ancient and modern—which introduce you to a world vastly different from your own. Read with an eye on the past and with your feet planted in our present modern world.
- The complete Bible, in the clear, accessible NIV translation
- Word studies illuminating Hebrew and Greek words and explore their meanings
- Study notes expounding on the Scripture and incorporating writings from early church writers, rabbis, and other extra-biblical sources. These notes offer up commentary and ask thought-provoking questions about the text and the Bible times
- Extensive Book introductions and outlines for each book of the Bible
- “Addressing the Text Articles” delving deeper into passage of Scripture
- “Day in the Life Articles” illustrating the daily life for people in Bible times
- Concordance, color maps, and other study helps
- Presentation page
- 8-point text size
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 2.00"
|Title: NIV First-Century Study Bible, Brown|
By: Kent Dobson
Format: Imitation Leather
Number of Pages: 1850
Publication Date: 2014
Dimensions: 9.75 X 7.00 X 2.00 (inches)
Weight: 3 pounds 12 ounces
|Text Color: Black Letter|
Text Size: 8 Point
Note Size: 7 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
Stock No: WW433750
NIV First-Century Study Bible, Italian Duo-Tone Chocolate/OrchidKent DobsonZondervan / 2014 / Imitation Leather$17.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 29 Reviews
$79.99Save 78% ($62.00)
NIV First-Century Study Bible: Explore Scripture in Its Jewish and Early Christian Context - eBookKent DobsonZondervan / 2014 / ePub$9.994.5 Stars Out Of 5 29 Reviews
Biblia de Estudio RVR 1960 Tras Las Huellas del Mesias, Enc. Dura (RVR 1960 First Century Study Bible Spanish, Hardcover)Kent DobsonVida-Life International Pub / 2016 / Hardcover$31.99 Retail:
$49.99Save 36% ($18.00)
Understand Gods Word in its Original Cultural Context
The NIV First-Century Study Bible introduces you to an ancient world vastly different from your own, but rich in valuable life lessons. This Bible includes great tools to help answer your questions about life in Bible times and see how the ancient past holds applicable truths for life today.
Including fascinating articles from Pastor Kent Dobson, unpacking the culture of Bible times, illuminating Scripture passages, and asking thoughtful questions along the way, this study Bible is a wonderful way to explore Gods Word in its original Christian context and better understand the historical meaning of Scripture.
Kent Dobson is the teaching pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Michigan, where he initially served as the worship director. He has been featured on Biblical programs for the History Channel and the Discovery Channel. Kent fell in love with Biblical studies in Israel and had the privilege of learning from both Jewish and Christian scholars. After his time in Israel, he returned to the States to teach high school religion and Bible before responding to God's call to the pastorate. Today, he keeps his connection to the Holy Land strong, leading tours to Israel that combine study and prayer, inspired by the ancient discipline of spiritual pilgrimage.
- Complete text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version
- Day in the Life articles, describing daily life in Bible times and Addressing the Text articles to help you dive deeper
- Word Studies expound upon original Hebrew words
- Study notes with writings from early church writers, rabbis, and extra-biblical sources
- Supplemental information on topics such as: Abomination that Causes Desolation, Antiochus IV Epiphanies, Conversion, Covenant, Dead Sea Scrolls, Essenes, Desert Law, Diviners in the Ancient World, Intertestamental Times, The Ethics of War, The Shema, Life in the Diaspora, The Greek Lions, The Biblical View on Slavery, Did Moses write the Torah, The Spirit of YHWH, Zealots, Wine Making
- Full-color photographs, maps, and diagrams
- Book introductions and outlines
- 9-point type size
Kent Dobson is the teaching pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church in Grandville, Michigan, where he initially served as the worship director. He has been featured on Biblical programs for the History Channel and the Discovery Channel.
After completing his undergraduate degree, Kent lived and studied in Israel where he earned a Masters Degree in History and Geography of the First Temple Period from Jerusalem University College. He also studied Comparative Religion at the Rothburg International School of the Hebrew University.
Kent fell in love with Biblical studies in Israel and had the privilege of learning from both Jewish and Christian scholars. After his time in Israel, he returned to the States to teach high school religion and Bible before responding to God's call to the pastorate. Today, he keeps his connection to the Holy Land strong as he leads tours to Israel that combine study and prayer, inspired by the ancient discipline of spiritual pilgrimage.
Kent lives is Grand Rapids, Michigan, with his wife and three children.