Add To Cart
- All Products
- Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
The Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible was awarded the Christian Book Awards 2017 Bible of the Year by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association!
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible bridges that gap by bringing the ancient world of the Bible to life- every page is packed with study notes containing expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforce your confidence and bring difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus. The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Bible gives you the insight you need to:
- Discover what the Scriptures would have meant to their ancient hearers
- Set aside our own modern perceptions and read the Bible like its original hearers might have
- Enjoy easy access to one of the most comprehensive collections of research about Bible times ever assembled in one study Bible
- The full text of the NIV
- Hundreds of full-color photographs from around the world
- In-depth book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Over 10,000 verse-by-verse notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Dozens of charts, maps, diagrams in vivid color
- In-depth articles on key contextual topics
- Words of Jesus in red
- Full study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps
- 10-point text size
- 10.50" x 7.25"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 2400
Publication Date: 2017
Dimensions: 10.50 X 7.25 (inches)
References: Cross References
Text Color: Red Letter
NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Imitation Leather, Pink and BrownZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$42.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 24 Reviews
$69.99Save 39% ($27.00)
NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Large Print, Imitation Leather, GreenZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$34.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 24 Reviews
$89.99Save 61% ($55.00)
NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Imitation Leather, BrownZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$31.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$79.99Save 60% ($48.00)
NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Imitation Leather, Purple, Thumb IndexedZondervan / 2017 / Imitation Leather$49.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews
$89.99Save 44% ($40.00)
CONTEXT CHANGES EVERYTHING
Youve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind the stories of Scripture.
Thats what the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Large Print provides. Every page is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of Bible times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.
Discover new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar Bible passages as you take a behind-the-scenes tour into the ancient world.
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The Scriptures include subtle culturally based nuances, undertones, and references to ancient events, literature and customs that were intuitively understood by those who first heard the Scriptures read. For us to hear the Scriptures as they did, we need a window into their world.
The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) in the Old Testament and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary) in the New Testament, brings to life the ancient world of Scripture for modern readers.
- The full text of the NIV
- Large print type size
- Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Words of Jesus in red
- Additional study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps
Craig S. Keener is professor of New Testament at Asbury Theological Seminary and holds a doctoral degree in New Testament Studies and the Origins of Christianity from Duke University. He is the author of several commentaries on books of the New Testament.
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: Gods Purpose, Gods Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.